Hokies Respect

I went to the VA Tech site to take a look at their schedule, etc., and I came across this:

http://www.hokiesports.com/respect/

I think it's a great idea and I wish NU would do something like that, something to remind the fans that we are "the greatest fans in college football". Most Husker fans are class, but it seems every season we get a few idiots in there who try to damage our reputation.

Being a hokie fan...the Hokie Respect has always been there...It's has become more of a way the AD can impose his rule on the fans. Example...rich donor doesn't like a cheer the band lead when our O gets inside the 20...he complains to the AD. The AD prohibits the band from playing the cheer....The AD justifies it as "Hokie Respect".

With the exception of those couch burning hillbillies from West Va, we welcome visiting teams and their fans. We look forward to meeting the Husker nation next year!

I personally have never really seen a problem at Nebraska respecting their opponents. BUT...when you have fans that act like the student section at CU, you call the pot black. IF their fans would police their own, and control their behavior, everyone else in the Big 12 wouldn't be talking about them, would they?

If Nebraska fans act the way we all have seen CU fans act on national television, other Nebraska fans would step up and put a stop to it. We as fans have too much pride in Nebraska Football to ever allow a minority to ruin our good name.

Even when Colorado fans come to Nebraska for a game, they are treated with the utmost of respect and the hospitality is extended to them, even though we don't get the same treatment in Colorado. That says something about Nebraska's fans. We are the best in college football, hands down.