DB Depth Chart

Don't forget about Santino Panico, either. He's a very talented athlete and was chosen to play in the All-American game as a safety in high school, so I'd imagine he'll make the switch over to provide depth.

And please, don't be like other ignorant Husker fans and judge him on punt returns.

I'm not gonna be as harsh as Benard, but he is not very quick. I have read all the publications about all the positions he could play and how talented he was, but when he caught the ball as punt returner, it looked like he was standing still. Maybe Panico's speed has improved(I hope so), but he seemed more than a step slower than everyone else. 3 yard per return average. I have a feeling the only reason he was back there was because he could catch the ball, unlike Kade Pittman(wherever he took his stone hands to). Maybe he can get the job done, I am sure the coaches will give him a look back there with how thin the secondary is. I have read that Wallace Franklin was a good defensive back in high school and he may be asked to play there when he arrives at Nebraska, so who knows.

Don't forget about Santino Panico, either. He's a very talented athlete and was chosen to play in the All-American game as a safety in high school, so I'd imagine he'll make the switch over to provide depth.

And please, don't be like other ignorant Husker fans and judge him on punt returns.

I'm not gonna be as harsh as Benard, but he is not very quick. I have read all the publications about all the positions he could play and how talented he was, but when he caught the ball as punt returner, it looked like he was standing still. Maybe Panico's speed has improved(I hope so), but he seemed more than a step slower than everyone else. 3 yard per return average. I have a feeling the only reason he was back there was because he could catch the ball, unlike Kade Pittman(wherever he took his stone hands to). Maybe he can get the job done, I am sure the coaches will give him a look back there with how thin the secondary is. I have read that Wallace Franklin was a good defensive back in high school and he may be asked to play there when he arrives at Nebraska, so who knows.

That catching the ball excuse is a joke. There are 50 guys on the team that can catch a punt. A average high schooler can catch a punt.

Was Kade Pittman an average high schooler? Obviously no else could catch a punt in practice either or else Panico wouldn't have been out there. I think Cory Ross would have been back there had he not had so many nagging injuries. It's not like any of the other receivers would have held onto the ball consistently, they didn't do that pretty much all season.

there is no question that we better get special teams play back to at least average or above. we have to have the whole package to be a contender.......although there is nothing worse than a fumbled punt, bc needs to look real hard for

someone who can break a runback and all special team play must get much better, soon.

Was Kade Pittman an average high schooler? Obviously no else could catch a punt in practice either or else Panico wouldn't have been out there. I think Cory Ross would have been back there had he not had so many nagging injuries. It's not like any of the other receivers would have held onto the ball consistently, they didn't do that pretty much all season.

your telling me out of 120 players on a division 1 football team that only panico could catch the ball. Are you that niave? Bullocks bros? Fabian? Mccray? grixby? Nunn? leflore? green? brandon jackson? anybody

I wish we could all be at practice to find out.

I don't know about you but I know enough to know that the kind of athletes at nebrsaska can catch a ball.

How so, Pilkington couldn't catch a football to save his life for 4-5 games. Fluellen couldn't catch. The rest were spotty. I never said Panico was the only player who could catch the ball, I said he was the only one that showed he could catch it and hold onto it consistently. 3 yards and possession is better than potentially putting your struggling defense in a bad spot.

Me too, because I would bet money that Panico was back there by default, not because he was a game breaking punt returner.

I don't know about you but I know enough to know that the kind of athletes at nebrsaska can catch a ball.

How so, Pilkington couldn't catch a football to save his life for 4-5 games. Fluellen couldn't catch. The rest were spotty. I never said Panico was the only player who could catch the ball, I said he was the only one that showed he could catch it and hold onto it consistently. 3 yards and possession is better than potentially putting your struggling defense in a bad spot.

Me too, because I would bet money that Panico was back there by default, not because he was a game breaking punt returner.

I'd bet 95% of our wr's can catch a punt. It's alittle different with a guy on your and having to run a route and catch a ball in traffic from fielding a punt. Also Pilkington is suppose to be known for his hands. Panico was back there because he was callahans recruit imo. I won't buy the crap that he's the only one that can catch a ball.

I'd bet 95% of our wr's can catch a punt. It's alittle different with a guy on your and having to run a route and catch a ball in traffic from fielding a punt. Also Pilkington is suppose to be known for his hands. Panico was back there because he was callahans recruit imo. I won't buy the crap that he's the only one that can catch a ball.

If that's what you truly believe, then why wasn't Brandon Jackson, Cortney Grixby or Terrence Nunn back there? Those were all in Callahan's recruiting class. Pilkington being known for his hands? That's like saying Nebraska is known for its hilly terrain. If he had such good hands he would have caught the passes thrown to him between games 6 and 10.