How did Callahan settle in at first?

IrishAZ

Yeah, you do have a point Dave - there are about 8,000 students at ND and I'm sure many times that at UNL.

Just thought after the somewhat controversial hiring/firing that happened in Lincoln year before last BC might have gone on the PR trail a bit.

At least he spoke at the bball game.

Does he walk around campus at all, or just take the side doors and ride in the SUV to and from practice? You know, the nondescript one with the super-dark tinted windows surrounded by guys in sunglasses and suits holding things in their ears

Yeah...that one...;)

IRISH!

Yeah, you do have a point Dave - there are about 8,000 students at ND and I'm sure many times that at UNL.

Just thought after the somewhat controversial hiring/firing that happened in Lincoln year before last BC might have gone on the PR trail a bit.

At least he spoke at the bball game.

Does he walk around campus at all, or just take the side doors and ride in the SUV to and from practice? You know, the nondescript one with the super-dark tinted windows surrounded by guys in sunglasses and suits holding things in their ears

Yeah...that one...;)

IRISH!

Pederson and Callahan toured the state last summer on the Husker Nation Tour and him and Pederson were both received very warmly by large crowds of people.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=528&u_...3&u_sid=1133338

That's funny because the day before he was hired my brother saw Callahan, his wife, and Pederson pulling out of Memorial Stadium in a black SUV. No guys in suits though. :thumbs

Glad to be of assistance Irish. I thought it was funny that Pederson wasn't booed at all, wonder if he would if they do that kind of tour this summer.

Heh...I'm sure BC is more sensible than that. Although, after a good recruiting class, he might have gained back some stock.

It's really a good idea, I think, for the coach to stay in touch with the students and fans, though. The stronger the Husker Nation, the better the team.

I like this quote, in particular, from Sun Tsu: "The Way is what causes the people to have the same thinking as their superiors; they may be given death, or they may be given life, but there is no fear of danger and betrayal."

Translated: win or lose, they'll still be loyal.

IRISH!

-ps and yes, I've been reading the Art of War again...got another theory article going up ;)