Question for computer geeks

I am limited as to what I am able to use due to being in Iraq. I was wondering how much bandwidth listening to the free radio feed for the game will be. I know I can do it but in order to not get my computer access revoked I have to stay under a certain amount. 100MB a day. If I go over that amount I lose my access. As much as I love my sleep I would get up at 2am to listen to it. If not I will probably just sleep through most of it and check out your play by play topic sometime in the second half.

Does anyone have an idea how much the feed would be.

GBR

I am limited as to what I am able to use due to being in Iraq. I was wondering how much bandwidth listening to the free radio feed for the game will be. I know I can do it but in order to not get my computer access revoked I have to stay under a certain amount. 100MB a day. If I go over that amount I lose my access. As much as I love my sleep I would get up at 2am to listen to it. If not I will probably just sleep through most of it and check out your play by play topic sometime in the second half.

GBR

I travel abroad a lot for work and my only issue is that they black out a lot of stations for the game, and sometimes the rules are different overseas for what is licensed. I don't think radio takes v ery much bandwidth, if you guys have any kind of high speed you should be ok. I think those pay memeberships for radio work fine for at least having the content.

GBR

I travel abroad a lot for work and my only issue is that they black out a lot of stations for the game, and sometimes the rules are different overseas for what is licensed. I don't think radio takes v ery much bandwidth, if you guys have any kind of high speed you should be ok. I think those pay memeberships for radio work fine for at least having the content.

I know that I have the ability to listen to the game. I just do not want to be listed on the list of the top 100 users or the list of people that exceeded 100mb for the day.

Radio quality is pretty low, but I don't have a sense for how much bandwith it takes up. 100MB is a pretty low limit, honestly. I'm not sure you'll run into trouble, but you might. My initial thought is that I'd be surprised if it consumed 100MB bandwith, but since I don't really have a grasp for magnitudes here, I think it's best if you maybe asked someone in charge? Or other people who surely must have listened to radio games before.

Not sure how it works overseas, but I know on base here in the states the best way of going about it is hitting up all the websites for local radio stations in Nebraska. Rarely will they ever be locked since they are so small no one ever looks them up, plus bandwidth issues shouldn't be a problem with them either. I use my hometown (Valentine) radio station when I have to work and can't listen/watch the game any other place.

GBR

It really depends on the stream. Let's assume the stream is 64kbps and the game is 3.5 hours long.

3.5 hours x 60minutes/hour = 210 minutes x 60 secs/minute = 21600 secs x 64K/sec = 1,382,400K/1024K/MB = 1350MB

I listend to them last year but that was before they started tracking bandwidth usage. I would rather not ask the I.T. Personnel as that may send them looking. I should just play it safe and not do it. I do love the Huskers though. As a matter of economics it is pronanly not worth the chance. Some people have been terminated for exceeding the limit to frequently.

GBR

It really depends on the stream. Let's assume the stream is 64kbps and the game is 3.5 hours long.

3.5 hours x 60minutes/hour = 210 minutes x 60 secs/minute = 21600 secs x 64K/sec = 1,382,400K/1024K/MB = 1350MB

Thanks for the info, it looks like I will need to rely on updates from you guys for the scores and plays.

100MB!!! It's not like your risking your life over there or anything! Things like this reslly piss me off. I mean all the wasted cash we're throwing into these miserable places, and we can't let our troops download from the internet! F&@# that! Now some moron congressman is trying to pass a law so service men can't receive magazines like playboy. STOP TAKING THE FREEDOMS OF THOSE FIGHTING FOR OURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A-HOLES!

100MB!!! It's not like your risking your life over there or anything! Things like this reslly piss me off. I mean all the wasted cash we're throwing into these miserable places, and we can't let our troops download from the internet! F&@# that! Now some moron congressman is trying to pass a law so service men can't receive magazines like playboy. STOP TAKING THE FREEDOMS OF THOSE FIGHTING FOR OURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A-HOLES!

:yeah

Amen brother!!!

:yeah

True that.

LOL huzkerbob, if you knew exactly how much fraud waste and abuse of money I saw down range....it'll make your head spin.

Huskernumerouno: Are you using the Army MWR or AirForce computers, or your "Private" ISP. I can gaurentee you that everyone will be exceeding there limits during this first Sat of the football season. One thing you can always do, if you have a computer in the workplace, is pull it up on ESPN and use the game tracker to kinda watch it. Just set the refresh rate to every 90 seconds.

GBR

Actually, it's 12600 secs, not 21600. So it comes out to 787.5MB. I guess that's higher than I would have expected; then, you are going for 3.5 hours.

GBR

Actually, it's 12600 secs, not 21600. So it comes out to 787.5MB. I guess that's higher than I would have expected; then, you are going for 3.5 hours.

Ahhh...sh#t...you are correct sir...

Thats what I get for trying to type what I see on my calculator...