Question for computer geeks

Yup you're definitely going to exceed the 100mb/day limit by listening to any streaming audio for more than an hour.

ESPN gamecast.. that's probably your best bet.

However; someone here could probably record the game as an mp3 and send you a CD with the game audio. What do ya think?

This might be worth looking into:

"Dear Husker Dan

First, I wanted to thank you for everything you are doing for the troops out here in Iraq. It means a lot to get donations from people back in the States, and it's especially great what you and Husker fans across the nation are doing for Husker Fans overseas. I first read about Husker Dan's Army a few months ago, while stationed at Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri. HDA truly shows why Husker Fans are the greatest fans in the country. Nowhere else in the world do you come across people as selfless as those donating to and supporting the troops. The few soldiers (non-Husker fans) I have spoken with about HDA have been in awe of what you have put together. It's a little lonely for me here, as I'm the only Husker fan in my unit. It would be great to get DVDs of Husker games and maybe a few posters to decorate my walls. Thank you so much for supporting the troops out here in Iraq and Afghanistan. Your generosity is truly an inspiration to me and I will never forget what you've done for us.

Thank you, God Bless and Go Big Red!

SPC Charles Martinez IV

HHC, 5th EN Bn

APO AE 09391

Dear Charles: Fist of all, thank you for serving your country. You and the rest of the men and women who are serving in the armed services are the real heroes. We can never thank you enough for all you do. We are proud of you and your mission. We've added your name to our HDA list and you will be receiving game day DVDs as soon as the season begins. God speed and GO HUSKERS!"

link

A 3 hour game will take much more than 100 mbs unfortunately.

I am supposed to get a recorded copy of the game on Sunday. I am in Germany so I never get to watch them. If you send your APO address to mdcasper2000@yahoo.com, i will send you a DVD of the game.

Best I can do man, sorry.

Although another option is to make friends with your Comm guys.

A 3 hour game will take much more than 100 mbs unfortunately.

I am supposed to get a recorded copy of the game on Sunday. I am in Germany so I never get to watch them. If you send your APO address to mdcasper2000@yahoo.com, i will send you a DVD of the game.

Best I can do man, sorry.

Although another option is to make friends with your Comm guys.

Thanks for all the info and I decided it was not worth the risk to listen to it. I thought of trying to get in with the I.T. guys but last month all of them were fired for down loading illeagl stuff over here so that was not an option.

GBR

OK dude...so I'm a f*in' idiot. I TOTALLY misinformed you and I'm here to make it right.

Here's the skinny...

The transmission rate as reported above by zoogies is 32 kbps...which is kilobits/second

This works out to about 3.9 kilobytes/sec

kb = kilobits

KB = kilobytes

MB = megabytes

32 kb/sec x 1000 bits/kb = 32000 bits/sec / 8 bits/byte = 4000 bytes/sec / 1024 bytes/KB = 3.9063 KB/sec

And so the math is:

3.5 hours x 60 mins/hr = 210 mins x 60 secs/min = 12600 secs x 3.90625 KB/sec = 49218.75 KB / 1024 KB/MB = 48.06518555 MB

And so...you woulda been well within your 100MB daily allotment.

I am really sorry for the misinformation. On a good note...this weekend's game should be a go for ya'!!

Hm...I thought it seemed strange that the number was so high.

Good catch :) Darn bits/bytes and computer nomenclature...on that note though, are we talking megabytes (1000) or mebibytes (1024)? :-P not that it would matter.

This is what I got my degree in so here is my input..............megabyte is (1024) but sometimes we just use (1000) for the sake of making things much easier when doing the math. Windows uses 1000 instead of 1024. That is why when you buy an 80GB hard drive and when you look at the size of it, it will only show it as roughly 75GB. If you use the true numbers for bits/bytes this is what happens.