Vizio hd tvs

Another cheap set is an Insignia. They are a newer brand that sells at Best Buy. Have a 37" myself I got with my PS3 last year. (can't watch Blu Ray on standard def!) Your best bet is to see what you like in your price range, and don't get caught up in all the 720 vs. 1080 hoopla. Their is'nt that big of a diffrence.

If you can't afford a Sony Bravia, or Sharp Aquis. (The two best in my opinion) Then just find the best looking in your price range. And always buy the warranty!!!!

Another cheap set is an Insignia. They are a newer brand that sells at Best Buy. Have a 37" myself I got with my PS3 last year. (can't watch Blu Ray on standard def!) Your best bet is to see what you like in your price range, and don't get caught up in all the 720 vs. 1080 hoopla. Their is'nt that big of a diffrence.

If you can't afford a Sony Bravia, or Sharp Aquis. (The two best in my opinion) Then just find the best looking in your price range. And always buy the warranty!!!!

Don't you mean "Never"?

Consumer Reports: Don't Buy the Extended Warranty

Consumer Reports: Don't Buy the Extended Warranty (Unless It's AppleCare)

by Bryan Chaffin, 2:25 PM EST, November 16th, 2006

Consumer Reports published a report urging its readers to avoid all extended warranties with two exceptions: AppleCare for Macintosh computers and extended warranties for rear-projection microdisplay TVs. The magazine recommended extended warranties for these specific TVs due to a higher repair rate, while the company said that Apple's policy of offering only 90 days of phone support for its Macs gives AppleCare value to those buying Macs.

"This holiday season," said the report, "shoppers are expected to spend a whopping $1.6 billion on extended warranties for laptops, flat-screen TVs, other electronics, and appliances. And almost all of it will be money down the drain."

The magazine reached this position based on failure/repair rates throughout a variety of industries, and from comparing the cost of repairs to the cost of the cost of the extended warranty. The conclusion was that most products that fail do so outside of even the extended warranty period, and that more often than not the price of the repair was the same or less than the price of an extended warranty.

Accordingly, don't get the extended warranty.

Unless:

"There are two caveats to our just-say-no advice," said the report. "It's worth considering an extended warranty if you're buying a rear-projection microdisplay TV. Repair costs can be high, and these sets have been three times more likely to need repairs than other types of TVs. We also think it may be wise to get an extended warranty (which includes extended tech support) if you're buying an Apple computer, because they come with only 90 days of phone tech support."

The full report at ConsumerReports.org has charts on repair rates and more information on its conclusions.

Makes a good point. But I still get the warranty on any high price electronic perchuse. Probably because having worked in the stock rooms, I can tell you that the guys unloading the trucks could care less if your once in a decade purchase is treated with any kind of care. No disrespect to any dock men who are true professionals!

I think my warranty is like 4 years. After that I figure I pretty much got my $ worth.

Either way you go, hope you get to experience the BIG RED in high def soon!

Makes a good point. But I still get the warranty on any high price electronic perchuse. Probably because having worked in the stock rooms, I can tell you that the guys unloading the trucks could care less if your once in a decade purchase is treated with any kind of care. No disrespect to any dock men who are true professionals!

I think my warranty is like 4 years. After that I figure I pretty much got my $ worth.

Yeah..

I can never talk my older Sister out of them either.

Most, if not all damage from shipping or mishandling will show up right away, but I have heard some stores won't take returns once it's out of the store..So I'd either avoid those places or insist on opening it and verifying that it works before you leave the store.

Electronics are getting so it's cheaper to replace than to fix these days..And I find it kind of fun tearing into them to see what I can Blow up..I mean, fix.

I bought an extended Warranty once on a Jeep..They were really hard selling it..I almost walked out, but finally the finance officer? said he'd get me a better interest rate, so I finally caved.

A year later I tried to use it only to find it was worthless and I still had to pay $1200 for a repair because it was considered normal wear and tear.

You always hear that especially in electronics..there's such a small profit margin, they really only make money on the extended warranty's

Yeah..

I can never talk my older Sister out of them either.

Most, if not all damage from shipping or mishandling will show up right away, but I have heard some stores won't take returns once it's out of the store..So I'd either avoid those places or insist on opening it and verifying that it works before you leave the store.

Electronics are getting so it's cheaper to replace than to fix these days..And I find it kind of fun tearing into them to see what I can Blow up..I mean, fix.

I bought an extended Warranty once on a Jeep..They were really hard selling it..I almost walked out, but finally the finance officer? said he'd get me a better interest rate, so I finally caved.

A year later I tried to use it only to find it was worthless and I still had to pay $1200 for a repair because it was considered normal wear and tear.

You always hear that especially in electronics..there's such a small profit margin, they really only make money on the extended warranty's

Had a friend years ago who owned an electronics store in Omaha. Told me the only reason he continued to hang onto the biz was in order to sell extended warranties.

T_O_B