it's still in beta...i like it so far. it doesn't work well with facebooks ajax applications. that's stupid. but at least you uses web standards, as opposed to ie. lame

Well, if you want to run a comparison, then it should be against Beta 2 of IE 8. As the article noted, in almost every test IE 8 used less memory and rendered as fast or faster. And IE 8 in native mode is virtually 100% web compliant. Enough so that they put in a "IE 7" compatibility mode.

it's still in beta...i like it so far. it doesn't work well with facebooks ajax applications. that's stupid. but at least you uses web standards, as opposed to ie. lame

Well, if you want to run a comparison, then it should be against Beta 2 of IE 8. As the article noted, in almost every test IE 8 used less memory and rendered as fast or faster. And IE 8 in native mode is virtually 100% web compliant. Enough so that they put in a "IE 7" compatibility mode.

i hope it's web compliant. i hate having to put IE css hacks on my sites.

The thing about chrome isn't supposed to be speed or low resource usage. It's supposed to be robust. And of course it's not polished; it's another Google beta, what did you expect? It doesn't strike me as a particularly in-depth, knowledgeable, or scientific review.

By the way, CSS hacks won't go away any time soon. It's not as if Firefox is completely standards compliant. And IE8 is not here yet...even when it gets here, IE7 won't go away for a while.

As for as "using web standards", all it is is Google is using the Konquerer/Safari rendering engine (the Mozilla family uses the Gecko engine), which if I'm not mistaken was the first to pass the acid2 test.

• 3 months later...