dear god poor pitt...

Vuren

bubba31 wrote: it would seem to me that turner gill, with his relationship with steve pederson at NU, would merit serious consideration. which is the only reason i can think of to go to the pitt game saturday night; to see what buffalo can do.

Vuren wrote: no chance in hell gill goes to pitt with the "vision" there. Gill was very upset with how the 03 nebraska staff was fired. besides he won't leave buffalo until they are a constant bowl team, mostly because he wants to show hell finish the job and not half ass it. Pedey while AD at nebraska removed all pictures of former nebraska players, he refused to let roger craig and other nebraska greats into the stadium.

Pitt Tradition wrote: OK, he will turn down 3-5 times his current salary, the chance to recruit top notch players, and coaching in a pro stadium to stay in Buffalo? Now I have heard it all. Just because you guys hate Pederson he will turn down what essentially is going from AA ball to the Major League.

Get a clue.

IMO, Gill would turn down the job solely on the merits of Pedey would be his boss

he wouldn't just say no, he'd say HELL NO.

if i had to guess, one of the blogs posted something kinda intriguing: if syracuse doesn't get its stuff together, they may be looking for a new HC and gill's name has been floated a few circles.

From what I recall, Gill was a serious candidate for the Washington State job last year, but he bowed out because he wasn't all that passionate about going there. I seriously doubt he would willingly walk into a situation where he was working for Pederson again(that is if Pederson would even hire him).

That Syracuse idea is not half bad. He would be in a bigger school that SHOULD pull in talent for the football program. It would be very simple to install his offense at Cuse and would be a great school for him. I wouldn't be surprised if that move happens. I dont forsee the current coach remaining after this year as he hasn't done anything in his tenure.