No banner ad

zoogs

I understand the site needs to be supported financially, but I don't think this Huskernation.com banner ad is a good move. Two reasons:

1) IDENTITY: It's sharing time with the logo of Huskerboard. Are we Huskerboard, or huskernation.com? Logo-by-cmte doesn't work. I think Huskerbaord should be the starter. Maybe the Husker nation advertisement could be in a secondary location, maybe like a 3rd-down type of logo.

2) IT'S WHACK: The logo image links to Huskernation.com. But that's not normal behavior: the logo always should link back to the home page.

Is there another way?

We understand. We thought about placing it as a second banner below the first, but rejected that. We get complaints now when someone on any of the forums' main pages see too many "sticky" topics - they want to see the "regular" posts. Adding an additional banner would just make that situation worse.

As far as linking back to HuskerBoard, we naturally wanted folks to not only be made aware of the new HuskerNation.com, but to be able to access it quickly. And since they are already on HuskerBoard when they see the banner...well, I guess it's more of a usage things. Some folks, when they reach the end of a thread, may scroll up and click the banner as the way to link back to the main index. Some don't.

While we don't want to inconvience anyone, it's also true that whatever we do can't please everyone. We think that the solution we came up with was the best compromise - it notifies the members and gives them easy access, while at the same time minimizing any "disruption" to the overall appearance and function of the Board.

We may eventually change things - we're always open to suggestions - but we do want to make the members aware that HuskerNation.com exists and is their one-stop-shopping for all things Husker.

I understand the site needs to be supported financially, but I don't think this Huskernation.com banner ad is a good move. Two reasons:

1) IDENTITY: It's sharing time with the logo of Huskerboard. Are we Huskerboard, or huskernation.com? Logo-by-cmte doesn't work. I think Huskerbaord should be the starter. Maybe the Husker nation advertisement could be in a secondary location, maybe like a 3rd-down type of logo.

2) IT'S WHACK: The logo image links to Huskernation.com. But that's not normal behavior: the logo always should link back to the home page.

Is there another way?

I appreciate you feedback and will give some serious thought. We will always use the best idea when it comes to this board.

A note everyone, please feel free to critique this board or huskernation.com, we will take every suggestion seroiusly. Thank you so much for your time and ideas.

I would be will to put the banner in my sig, if you could give me the image code, I dont post as much as I used to but the more people see it the more likely they will buy maybe

Outstanding!

Anyone who would like to add it as their sig, copy and paste the code below into your Signature field. You can access your signature information in the Control Panel.

[b][size=4][color=#FF0000]Husker Gift Ideas -- Support the Board![/size][/color][/b]

<a href="http://www.huskernation.com">[img=http://www.huskerboard.com/mods/img/huskernation.gif]</a>
*HuskerNation.com is operated by Huskerboard - sales help pay our high hosting costs to keep the board 100% free. We appreciate your help!