2nd Half Adjustments

Niles Paul should be up for the Pontiac game changing performance award. He won't because this was against SJST, but he really made the difference.

:yeah No doubt about it...it was amazing how the Huskers intensity level changed after that. I just don't understand why they didn't play like that before. It also woke the fans up, they were as quiet as they were at times last year...at least the fans didn't start leaving after the 3rd quarter like they did last year.

The fans need to pump up the volume, the players do feed off that to some extent.

That ultimatly is what is troubling me. Why were we so f'ing flat right out of the gates? Why were we so unfocused? Its like Niles Paul had to slap everyone on the team to wake them up! Then we decided to play a little bit.........the rest of the schedule wont allow us to " wake up" and turn it on.

We are 2-0 right? For those of you who think we are expected to blow out teams week after week, I am sorry to say that those days (the 90's) are long gone! This is a team that was 5-7 last year. Who had one of the worst Defenses in football. An ENTIRE new coaching staff comes in and takes over. We produced 4 sacks, 2 picks (1 for a TD) and knock out the starting QB. (just glad he is ok) and yet some fail to see the improvement on this team! Continue to bitch and complain but the way I see it, these kids are now playing with FIRE! Something that has been lacking in Lincoln for the past 4 years.

The D seems to play with fire, but I think what has alot of people concerned is that the running game should have been dominant or at least present against 2 mediocre opponents, but it wasn't. If the running game averaged 200 yards or 5 ypc in these games, they wouldn't have been as close as they were. Most of us thought that the oline would be the strength of the team, but it hasn't been. I think that it is a definite concern right now.