2nd Half Adjustments

Ouch ... that was really embarrassing. Not a whole lot to be proud of in that one. I expected more ... looks like I'll lower my expectations a bit. Looks like more of a 500 season more than a bowl season boys.

What do ya think?

Mark

Nice Clark Kent glasses on the avatar... That's what I think/

T_O_B

you know, I think the Callahan regime really changed the way we think. Even in the Osborne days it seemed like almost every year there would be a let down game, usually early in the year against the likes of Akron or UCF. Back then we were always like "our guys were looking ahead," "we are saving stuff for x," "people are nicked up and resting for x" - whether any of it was true or not we choked it down and usually had a good season. Now we see a game where we underperform in pretty much every way and still come out on top 35-12 and its "oh no, here we go again."

Don't get me wrong, I felt this way all day, and I'm having a hard time convincing myself otherwise. I just hope everyone stays behind the team and coaches this time if things go bad.

you know, I think the Callahan regime really changed the way we think. Even in the Osborne days it seemed like almost every year there would be a let down game, usually early in the year against the likes of Akron or UCF. Back then we were always like "our guys were looking ahead," "we are saving stuff for x," "people are nicked up and resting for x" - whether any of it was true or not we choked it down and usually had a good season. Now we see a game where we underperform in pretty much every way and still come out on top 35-12 and its "oh no, here we go again."

Don't get me wrong, I felt this way all day, and I'm having a hard time convincing myself otherwise. I just hope everyone stays behind the team and coaches this time if things go bad.

when....

:yeah

In reality, we are a young team, because we haven't had real coaching for a while...just because we have juniors and seniors don't mean that they have that much good experience or have been coached properly. We all know what the last 4 years were about, no need to go into that. This thing is not going to happen overnight, but one thing I know I want to see is intensity. I don't care if we even lose, as long as I see people putting forth good effort. Too many penalties right now...I hope Bo takes a note and looks back to to the Osborne era, we were a lot better disciplined.

Niles Paul should be up for the Pontiac game changing performance award. He won't because this was against SJST, but he really made the difference.

:yeah No doubt about it...it was amazing how the Huskers intensity level changed after that. I just don't understand why they didn't play like that before. It also woke the fans up, they were as quiet as they were at times last year...at least the fans didn't start leaving after the 3rd quarter like they did last year.

The fans need to pump up the volume, the players do feed off that to some extent.

i usually dont call paople out but sheepdogmark. we are 2-0 whats with all the negativity, i remember when bill callahan had that first 5-7 season and no body was questioning his ability to coach. bo pelini has this team undefeated and has turned this defense around. so every one stop bi***ing and enjoy this win.

What's with all the bi***ing?

I'm usually not one to play the "if" game, but......If a fluky batted ball doesn't fall right into Suh's hands and if SJST's kicker doesn't blow a PAT and short field goal, Q4 could have gone much differently.

I'm happy things went our way and we won, but there's more than enough to be negative about.

I don't think its time to panic just yet.

Will probably get beat by MU, OU, TT.

KU and CU will be dog fights.

We changed the coaching staff, not the personnel.

It's going to take time.

Miss communication and mental breakdowns are to be expected in a first year defense.

The offensive breakdowns are a bit much considering the offensive system and the experience of the personnel we have, but overall were in decent shape.

i usually dont call paople out but sheepdogmark. we are 2-0 whats with all the negativity, i remember when bill callahan had that first 5-7 season and no body was questioning his ability to coach. bo pelini has this team undefeated and has turned this defense around. so every one stop bi***ing and enjoy this win.

I'm usually not one to play the "if" game, but......If a fluky batted ball doesn't fall right into Suh's hands and if SJST's kicker doesn't blow a PAT and short field goal, Q4 could have gone much differently.

I'm happy things went our way and we won, but there's more than enough to be negative about.

It was still as close game come the 4th. If things had gone differently in the first half, it probably would have still been close come the 4th. The bottom line is things that happen in the 1st quarter may not have any affect on the 4th quarter. It was the kick return by Paul that gave the Huskers the momentum to finish the job when SJST had the momentum swing their way all day.

sorely

I didn't realize my post was so "negative". I thought I asked a question about what others thought. I first stated my overall opinion, which was that that was an "embarrassing game".

Sounds like there are some defensive people in here, more so than someone like me making a comment, which defensive people take as critical.

I was just surprized to see our team struggle at home against em ... who ... a ... what is there name? Oh ya, some regional state college.

Glad you like my glasses ... and how bout those Austin Powers teeth in that Avator ... yeah baby!!

Go Huskers ... I'm behind you.

Mark

It was still as close game come the 4th. If things had gone differently in the first half, it probably would have still been close come the 4th. The bottom line is things that happen in the 1st quarter may not have any affect on the 4th quarter. It was the kick return by Paul that gave the Huskers the momentum to finish the job when SJST had the momentum swing their way all day.

True, those things may not have an effect, but if we're behind 13-7 going into the fourth instead of leading 14-9, I think there's a greater chance (even if only slightly) of playing tight and not pulling this one out. Thank goodness for Niles Paul.