Forde Yard Dash

To 'robsker's' remarks in post 7, I would respectfully reply: :bs: !

MO may be sitting on the NORTH throne now and after this season, but that doesn't make them king; they usurped the throne and after Booger is gone they will be knocked off and have to train the next guy OTJ for a few yrs, etc--i.e., rebuild.

And since when did they start owning the Big XII?

They haven't won a CC yet!

As for talent, they have Booger, Mac, and Coffman; who else?!

What they HAVE is some stability and a team seasoned in a...

There is no doubt that they usurped the throne but I would venture to say that they are set up to be the big dog after "Booger" leaves. They have the momentum and the recruiting base and they are becoming somewhat of a media darling. Plus, recruits like the big offense so I would be surprised if anyone catches Miou anytime soon.

As for talent, look at the speed of their LB's compared to ours. Look at the athleticism of the receivers compared to ours. Look at the explosiveness of their DL compared to ours. And their QB. And Coffman. And Maclin. Pretty much across the board they look a full level above NU. Only our RB's compare favorably to MU. That is it.

That said, you have some points --- they have no CC yet. I did not think that I earlier implied that they own the B12 --- I meant only the B12 N.

To robsker--yeah,

I misread the 'Big XII N' part.

Hmmm, I just don't see the big talent diff. thing and I don't think MO will separate much.

It'll take Gabbert a few yrs to get on a 'level'; it's taken Danny Boy 3 yrs as a starter just to get MO 'competative' w OU. If Ganz was a 3rd yr starter, he'd be just as good; he's not doing too shabby after 6 games!

I think BR will become THE team again! :restore

To robsker--yeah,

Hmmm, I just don't see the big talent diff. thing and I don't think MO will separate much.

It'll take Gabbert a few yrs to get on a 'level'; it's taken Danny Boy 3 yrs as a starter just to get MO 'competative' w OU. If Ganz was a 3rd yr starter, he'd be just as good; he's not doing too shabby after 6 games!

I agree on the Ganz thing. If he were a 3 year guy, woo-- he would be good. That is something that I hope we can get to at NU. I hope that Witt this year is a guy that can really develop --- so that down the road -- say after two complete years at starter we get a great QB. Contineuity is a great thing. I really advocate playing youth, youth, youth now where ever NU can so that we build for the future.

As for the talent thing --- all of us are really guessing here --- and your guess (that NU is comparable) may be as good or better than mine (mine being that MU has superior talent). It still strikes me that NU is rather slow across the board and that MU is so much faster. Also, our guys do not sport the physiques that the defensive players elsewhere (elsewhere being the top teams, including MU) sport. Our DB's seem scrawny and our LB'er s are not as fast or as solid as others. And, our OL and DL, while not as fat as before, still seem soft compared to the top teams. Speed, size, strength --- NU seems second or third tier in this realm. Depth is also an issue for NU. Maybe I am wrong, but I am struck with the notion that Pelini and crew is trying to play poker with a pair of deuces in his hand when his competition has three of a kind or better to play with. Pelini may be a master poker player --- but you have to play your hand and his cards are lacking.

Callahan was nowhere near the master recruiter he was made out to be. That top 5 recruiting class he had had 50% or better attrition and when viewed now could be no higher than a top 30 or so class.

To robsker--yeah,

I agree on the Ganz thing. If he were a 3 year guy, woo-- he would be good. That is something that I hope we can get to at NU. I hope that Witt this year is a guy that can really develop --- so that down the road -- say after two complete years at starter we get a great QB. Contineuity is a great thing. I really advocate playing youth, youth, youth now where ever NU can so that we build for the future.

As for the talent thing --- all of us are really guessing here --- and your guess (that NU is comparable) may be as good or better than mine (mine being that MU has superior talent). It still strikes me that NU is rather slow across the board and that MU is so much faster. Also, our guys do not sport the physiques that the defensive players elsewhere (elsewhere being the top teams, including MU) sport. Our DB's seem scrawny and our LB'er s are not as fast or as solid as others. And, our OL and DL, while not as fat as before, still seem soft compared to the top teams. Speed, size, strength --- NU seems second or third tier in this realm. Depth is also an issue for NU. Maybe I am wrong, but I am struck with the notion that Pelini and crew is trying to play poker with a pair of deuces in his hand when his competition has three of a kind or better to play with. Pelini may be a master poker player --- but you have to play your hand and his cards are lacking.

Callahan was nowhere near the master recruiter he was made out to be. That top 5 recruiting class he had had 50% or better attrition and when viewed now could be no higher than a top 30 or so class.

Daniel has more touchdowns (seven) than incompletions (six) in his past two games.

(Sam Bradford)He has thrown 10 touchdowns in his past 54 attempts, a crazy 18.8 percent touchdown percentage, and leads the nation in completion percentage at 79.

(Graham Harrell) He has 16 400-yard passing games in his career and is the nation's active yardage leader -- by a mile.

Absolutely sick numbers, I don't care if they do come against cupcakes, they are still college football teams. We're going to have our hands full.

GBR

When you throw nothing but 5-10 yard passes and let Jeremy Maclin do the hard work, it's probably not hard to post good completion percentages.

I guess I haven't watched MU play much this year, but I wonder if they really depend on Daniel that much. These spread offenses are all systemic. Texas Tech just plugs in new QBs every 1-2 years and production stays pretty much constant. I fear that we may be dealing with a tough Missouri offense for years to come, even when Daniel is gone.

I can't believe I'm giving Pinkel credit for something.

Obviously you haven't watched Mizzou much this year if you think all Chase Daniel does is throw 5-10 yard passes. Of course you'll get an up close look in a couple weeks!

MO may be sitting on the NORTH throne now and after this season, but that doesn't make them king; they usurped the throne and after Booger is gone they will be knocked off and have to train the next guy OTJ for a few yrs, etc--i.e., rebuild.

Who else? Well, how about William Moore, Sean Witherspoon, Styker Sulak, Colin Brown, and Jeff Wolfert to start since they too were first-team preseason All-Big XII? Then you might want to take a look at Danario Alexander, Tommy Saunders, Ziggy Hood, Brock Christopher, and Derrick Washington just to name a few more.

Not to mention that 11 true freshmen have already played on a pretty good team.

Who else? Well, how about William Moore, Sean Witherspoon, Styker Sulak, Colin Brown, and Jeff Wolfert to start since they too were first-team preseason All-Big XII? Then you might want to take a look at Danario Alexander, Tommy Saunders, Ziggy Hood, Brock Christopher, and Derrick Washington just to name a few more.

realize you're talking to husker fans. we could tell you all about our freshman and great young players... but guess what, you dont care.. why? because they don't factor. no where near as much as those 3 do... and thats why nobody cares.

realize you're talking to husker fans. we could tell you all about our freshman and great young players... but guess what, you dont care.. why? because they don't factor. no where near as much as those 3 do... and thats why nobody cares.

Nice non-response. Since you seem to be complely unaware of almost all of Mizzou's team here's a clue. The only player mentioned that is a young player is Derrick Washington. And he's 3rd in the nation in scoring. You might be caring in a couple weeks. The three you named are certainly great players but if you think Mizzou is where they are only because of them you don't know much about football.

If Mizzou didn't have Booger they'd be just another team. He's the motor that makes that team go. Even so, Mizzou, talentwise, is AT BEST 3rd in the Big XII. In fact, I put MO @ no. 3 in the conf.-- TX is better than MO.

So, you guys better get something done in terms of the CC, cuz you are gonna drop back in the pack in '09.

You won't beat OU though this yr... :rollin

...system. On average, I would say NE has as much talent as MO; we just don't have the 2 things I cited above for MO. But we will catch them soon enough, as will CO, KU, etc.

MO may not be a paper tiger but they aren't granite either.

They are 'tough as RAIN'... :thumbs

Rain has a tendancy to wear things down over time.

If Mizzou didn't have Booger they'd be just another team. He's the motor that makes that team go. Even so, Mizzou, talentwise, is AT BEST 3rd in the Big XII. In fact, I put MO @ no. 3 in the conf.-- TX is better than MO.

So, you guys better get something done in terms of the CC, cuz you are gonna drop back in the pack in '09.

You won't beat OU though this yr... :rollin

Are you another one of those guys who gets your opinions confused with the facts? Sure seems like it. Right now I don't care about UT or OU or who has the most talent. All I care about is who wins on October 4th. I also have a feeling you might not be so cocky on October 5th. But yes, I don't KNOW that. Neither do you know the opposite or anything else in your post.

Me 'cocky'? Uh, has TAH FAN looked in the mirror lately?

Look, MO has Booger and he's their ace in the hole.

But you guys don't have a good enough D to be a true contender--for the CC or NC.

Whatever, I guess we gotta put up w TAH SMACK for a few more months 'til you guys drop a game or 2 and/or tank in the CC. Post USF KU fan has been alot less 'cocky' so take note of that.

And btw, enjoy the ride, the meter's running on TAH: Booger will be gone soon... :yeah