Creighton Football?

kramer

Traditions destroyed by cally:

Whaddyaknow?!?! It's Amtrak the thread de-railer.

1) walk-on program

Walk-on program still alive and well, just less kids.

2) the warm-ups, as you pointed out

It's takes a big man to admit when he is wrong, maybe you could learn from him. :thumbs

3) shunning good in-state players

What good in-state players were shunned this year?

4) cutting almost all ties to the past

That was pretty much done 2 years ago when Tenopir and Darlington were given their walking papers.

5) trashing an offense that had won 3 NCs in the past 10 years for one that is not conducive to college football.

That offense won 3 titles in 4 years, and hadn't won anything since '97. Various reasons for that. As far as an offense not conducive to the college game, well USC runs the WCO and they have done pretty well with it. We can argue about the differences between NU's and USC's version, but with correct personnel and execution, it works.

6) allowing non-seniors to be captains

Well, Joe D. was one of the few that had the stones to take accountability for his actions and put his all into the team. A sad statement for the seniors rather than for Callahan.

7) not pitting 1s vs 1s in practice, the spring game in particular.

I would tend to agree with this not having any merit.

8) blaming players for HIS failures

When was this? If you are referring to Oakland, wouldn't you get frustrated if your players couldn't know to not give up a glut of yards every game because of stupid penalties? We are talking about men that play for a living, not for an education and the love of the game.

9)non-losing season streak

The streak only made it past 2002 because Byrne scheduled 2 extra games against cup cakes.

10) consecutive bowl streak

Can't argue with that, but how many bowl games did Solich play in December and how many did Osborne have in December? I count 4 for Solich in 6 years. Not exactly top-level games.

1) Walkons, you'll see how much the program suffers since the walkon program was slashed.

2) If I ever were wrong (which Im not) I would certainly admit to it. :woo

3) Matthies and the qb that went to KSt for starters.

4) Really, I remember that Gill, Brown, Williams, Sanders, Jamrog, Cotton, etc all had pretty strong ties to the program.

5) I suppose the Big 12 championship in 99 was nothing, as was playing in the Rose Bowl. For the last time for the football impared, USC DOES NOT RUN THE WCO!!!! They did when Hackett was their coach, and look how successful he was. Carson Palmer stated that it was too much for the college athletes to learn, and not until Chow showed up and simplified it did they start winning. A link to that article was posted on this website, how easily you forget it.

6) Isnt cally the one calling the shots??? The failures fall directly on his head.

7) You need to clarify, do you agree with the statement, or do you feel it has no merit? All I know is that TO started to win more when he pitted his 1s vs 1s more often. He picked that up from Miami when they were kicking everyones asses in the 80's. Besides, when you play against better competition, you get better :wacko:

8) Well, that is where COACHING should show up, and cally showed his lack of coaching ability by not teaching his players better. Besides, all I heard about this year was "when we get OUR players, then we will be better" and "We need to upgrade recruiting because there is not talent."

Is is any reason why the players didnt want to play for these guys?

9) Again, if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.

10) Good question! Better question is how many bowls did cally coach in, period????

1) Walkons, you'll see how much the program suffers since the walkon program was slashed.

2) If I ever were wrong (which Im not) I would certainly admit to it. :woo

3) Matthies and the qb that went to KSt for starters.

4) Really, I remember that Gill, Brown, Williams, Sanders, Jamrog, Cotton, etc all had pretty strong ties to the program.

5) I suppose the Big 12 championship in 99 was nothing, as was playing in the Rose Bowl. For the last time for the football impared, USC DOES NOT RUN THE WCO!!!! They did when Hackett was their coach, and look how successful he was. Carson Palmer stated that it was too much for the college athletes to learn, and not until Chow showed up and simplified it did they start winning. A link to that article was posted on this website, how easily you forget it.

6) Isnt cally the one calling the shots??? The failures fall directly on his head.

7) You need to clarify, do you agree with the statement, or do you feel it has no merit? All I know is that TO started to win more when he pitted his 1s vs 1s more often. He picked that up from Miami when they were kicking everyones asses in the 80's. Besides, when you play against better competition, you get better :wacko:

8) Well, that is where COACHING should show up, and cally showed his lack of coaching ability by not teaching his players better. Besides, all I heard about this year was "when we get OUR players, then we will be better" and "We need to upgrade recruiting because there is not talent."

Is is any reason why the players didnt want to play for these guys?

9) Again, if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.

10) Good question! Better question is how many bowls did cally coach in, period????

We will see how the program doesn't suffer when the number of walk-ons drops. 60 players who are never going to see the field, let alone dress will not have an impact. Mark it. Newsflash, you are wrong, quite a bit too. Matthies was offered a scholarship and declined. What qb? McCardle, that was 2 years ago. Everidge was last year. Cotton and Sanders were first year coaches, Gill resigned.

Congratulations, thread successfully derailed.