Creighton Football?

kramer

The pride in being a loyal fan. Mark my words formerfan you will be eating those words and will slither back into the fold under a new alias. Run your mouth now as it will change and then you will have no where to spout your anti program crap.

That's gotta be the dumbest thing I have ever seen. It would take the light from clever many years to get to this t-shirt.

Sounds like something Kelso from That 70's Show would come up with . OOOOOOH BURN!!!! :blink:

Mega lame.

The pride in being a loyal fan. Mark my words formerfan you will be eating those words and will slither back into the fold under a new alias. Run your mouth now as it will change and then you will have no where to spout your anti program crap.

Anti program???? On the contrary, I love NU football and everything that it USED to stand for. I am just anti-pud/anti-callahan, because they dont give a rats @$$ about the program, they are just concerned with making themselves look good. You cant be for the program and for cally at the same time, he has sh!t on the majority of the traditions that once made NU great, and I dont like it, and I dont have to stand for it. If you want to be a victim all of your life, so be it, but Im not going to be one. Once you find a set, you will see what Im talking about :thumbs

Belligerance is bliss. As far as those darn Bluejays go, that shirt is stupid. If they don't recall that they dropped football in 1942. I checked the archives and the football team was downright terrible. In 1905, the Creighton Hilltoppers(that's what they were back then) lost to Nebraska 128-0. Nebraska should come up with a 100th year anniversary of the shellacking that sent their football program the way of the buffalo.

Please list those traditions you feel have been thrown to the wayside.

He admitted not having all warm up was and error and corrected.

Did away with a running based offense that went out in the 90's. The main reason Tom Osborne left. Could no longer recruit with the big boys, check recruiting results for 1998, Osborne was still responsible.

Left an inadequate coach to run the program. I am a big Frank fan but there were too many problems with this organization for him to ever succeed. Recruiting was the main fall down that put this program in the dump. Yes 9-3 is the dump if you only play 3 teams of quality. OSU would have kicked our butts up and down the field if played later in the year. MSU, what do you need to say about a lower level Big 11 school.

Did you ever attend any of those losses. Did you see how totally outmatched we were. I saw the Colorado game and the Miami game. We looked like the school for the blind playing those game.

Traditions were shattered long before Coach Callahan or Pederson(whom I have personally met and dislike) got here. But we were headed down and no, Barney ball was not going to stop it. Pelini made the coment that we did not have enough talent to be on the same field with his 3rd team. Barney made coments about talent levels also.

I have no idea if Coach Callahan can save this program or not. But it is a measure to try to. Failure was in full swing the other way.

Did away with a running based offense that went out in the 90's. The main reason Tom Osborne left. Could no longer recruit with the big boys, check recruiting results for 1998, Osborne was still responsible.

Left an inadequate coach to run the program. I am a big Frank fan but there were too many problems with this organization for him to ever succeed. Recruiting was the main fall down that put this program in the dump. Yes 9-3 is the dump if you only play 3 teams of quality. OSU would have kicked our butts up and down the field if played later in the year. MSU, what do you need to say about a lower level Big 11 school.

Did you ever attend any of those losses. Did you see how totally outmatched we were. I saw the Colorado game and the Miami game. We looked like the school for the blind playing those game.

Traditions were shattered long before Coach Callahan or Pederson(whom I have personally met and dislike) got here. But we were headed down and no, Barney ball was not going to stop it. Pelini made the coment that we did not have enough talent to be on the same field with his 3rd team. Barney made coments about talent levels also.

I have no idea if Coach Callahan can save this program or not. But it is a measure to try to. Failure was in full swing the other way.

Skersfan, the majority see the program headed in the right direction. Andy Birkel and all the other used-to-be-fans will never come around, even when we start winning titles. Some people are just going to be miserable no matter what happens and will always find something negative to harp on.

Now those shirts are funny. Imagine in a few years the shirts NU will be able to make when we're back on top.

Is this Creighton HS FB? I thought the only college FB team in Omaha was UNO?

Did away with a running based offense that went out in the 90's.  The main reason Tom Osborne left.   Could no longer recruit with the big boys,  check recruiting results for 1998, Osborne was still responsible.

Left an inadequate coach to run the program.  I am a big Frank fan but there were too many problems with this organization for him to ever succeed.  Recruiting was the main fall down that put this program in the dump.  Yes 9-3 is the dump if you only play 3 teams of quality.  OSU would have kicked our butts up and down the field if played later in the year.  MSU, what do you need to say about a lower level Big 11 school.

Did you ever attend any of those losses.  Did you see how totally outmatched we were.  I saw the Colorado game and the Miami game.  We looked like the school for the blind playing those game. 

Traditions were shattered long before Coach Callahan or Pederson(whom I have personally met and dislike) got here.  But we were headed down and no, Barney ball was not going to stop it.  Pelini made the coment that we did not have enough talent to be on the same field with his 3rd team.  Barney made coments about talent levels also. 

I have no idea if Coach Callahan can save this program or not.  But it is a measure to try to.  Failure was in full swing the other way.

Traditions destroyed by cally:

1) walk-on program

2) the warm-ups, as you pointed out

3) shunning good in-state players

4) cutting almost all ties to the past

5) trashing an offense that had won 3 NCs in the past 10 years for one that is not conducive to college football

6) allowing non-seniors to be captains

7) not pitting 1s vs 1s in practice, the spring game in particular

8) blaming players for HIS failures

9)non-losing season streak

10) consecutive bowl streak

The above two at which he remarked "Its just one game, just one season." Essentially pi$$ing all over two of the most remarkable streaks, not in just college football, but in the sporting world period, simply showing his utter lack of knowledge of greatness that was once Nebraska Football.

Also, did you catch the Ruud article in the OWH sunday where he talked about the coaches getting rid of the tradition of watching a team movie. He said that it took away from the comraderie of the team, which was obvious.

Who are you blaming, TO or FS? All I hear is that TO left the cupboard stocked and Frank emptied it. Now you are telling me otherwise?

All I know is that you wont be able to blame FS for long. Something else I know is that Frank won 75% of his games, TO something like 83% of his, and cally is under .500 for his career, and he was handed a Super Bowl built team, and a 10-3 team, each on silver platters.

I think that should tell you all you need to know about who can coach, and who cant.

Also, did you catch the Ruud article in the OWH sunday where he talked about the coaches getting rid of the tradition of watching a team movie. He said that it took away from the comraderie of the team, which was obvious.

Did you also see the sentence where it said most of the players thought it was a good idea to get rid of the Friday Night movie?

Did you also see the sentence where it said most of the players thought it was a good idea to get rid of the Friday Night movie?

Do you mean this quote:

"And while the team said in September that it was a good move, some missed the tradition by the end of the season."

At first they supported it, but at least some of them thought that it was a bad idea by seasons end. Sure seemed to work wonders for them, didnt it?

Traditions destroyed by cally:

Whaddyaknow?!?! It's Amtrak the thread de-railer.

1) walk-on program

Walk-on program still alive and well, just less kids.

2) the warm-ups, as you pointed out

It's takes a big man to admit when he is wrong, maybe you could learn from him. :thumbs

3) shunning good in-state players

What good in-state players were shunned this year?

4) cutting almost all ties to the past

That was pretty much done 2 years ago when Tenopir and Darlington were given their walking papers.

5) trashing an offense that had won 3 NCs in the past 10 years for one that is not conducive to college football.

That offense won 3 titles in 4 years, and hadn't won anything since '97. Various reasons for that. As far as an offense not conducive to the college game, well USC runs the WCO and they have done pretty well with it. We can argue about the differences between NU's and USC's version, but with correct personnel and execution, it works.

6) allowing non-seniors to be captains

Well, Joe D. was one of the few that had the stones to take accountability for his actions and put his all into the team. A sad statement for the seniors rather than for Callahan.

7) not pitting 1s vs 1s in practice, the spring game in particular.

I would tend to agree with this not having any merit.

8) blaming players for HIS failures

When was this? If you are referring to Oakland, wouldn't you get frustrated if your players couldn't know to not give up a glut of yards every game because of stupid penalties? We are talking about men that play for a living, not for an education and the love of the game.

9)non-losing season streak

The streak only made it past 2002 because Byrne scheduled 2 extra games against cup cakes.

10) consecutive bowl streak

Can't argue with that, but how many bowl games did Solich play in December and how many did Osborne have in December? I count 4 for Solich in 6 years. Not exactly top-level games.