So...will we find out where we are against VTech?

Huskerballz

Valiant effort if they do pull out a win, but I still don't see them posing much of a threat to us. I consider our offense better than North Carolina's.

Our offense is LIGHT YEARS better than NC. The only thing that could lose us this game would be turnovers.

I've been saying this all summer, we will beat VT. Only question is by how much?

I am not sure how much better our offense is than UNC, didn't anyone watch what UNC has done the past few weeks? Anyway I will say we will know one thing for certain, if Big Red runs the ball effectively then all talk about doubting the running game should go away. VT can flat out stuff the run. That would be an absolutely great sign going into conference play. If NU can get 200 yards rushing then I think the posters calling for a 9-3 season are not too far off.

Pretty much agree. The only––and I mean only––chance we have of beating Mizzou or Texas Tech is pounding the rock until it's coated with the blood of our enemies. The only way to stop Cheeseburger Daniels is to keep his ass on the bench. Up the gut, three yard runs, is the offense of Nebraska's immediate future. I hope Castille is well stretched.

VT remains a major conference opponent that started out the season ranked and is 2-1 and about evenly ranked with NU.

It'll be BIG if we can beat them. How we play against them will show us, to a certain degree, where we are:

a) We could get blown out of the water. In which case, we'll know where we stand, and it won't be pretty.

B) We could lose a tight, close game; we'll know that most of us have been way optimistic following our 3-0 start.

c) We could win a tight, close game; it'll be great, but we'll know that we can't hang with the power players in the Big 12.

d) We could blow them out. It means that this team will be expected to contend in all the games they play this year.

I'm watching the VTech - NC game and I gotta say, I am terribly unimpressed with how VTech is playing. Granted, teams play differently week to week, but they are looking totally outclassed by North Carolina and it's been that way the entire game.

The offense is non-existent, seriously, they don't have one. The defense, while solid, has given up some big plays. They are committing lots of penalties and making lots of mental mistakes.

Overall, they just seem sloppy and unmotivated.

I think that we have a very good chance to run away with this game now, and frankly, if we don't win, we probably won't be in good shape at all for Big 12.

So, in a way, I guess VTech could show us where we're at, but in another way, they aren't that good and would probably get beat by 8 of the 12 teams in the Big 12, thus, if we beat them, would show us absolutely nothing.

I don't know, just thinking out loud.

Thoughts?

Should be an easy NU win. Problem is...

N Carolina isn't sjs, or nms. And VT beat them on the road.

VT is a tested squad, VERY tested.

Should be a good game.

GO BO!!

BEAT VT!!

Ganz will pass for 4 times as many yards as the NU running backs gain on the ground.

The winner of the game will not score more than 3 touchdowns.

I Have Tons of Respect for Va TECH. THey might not have an impressive Offense this year, but their Defense is looking just as strong as its been in years past. They dominate on special teams and take your turnovers and make you pay for em. And as with the past few games they've played close games, but they still have found a way to win. No matter what happens VA TECH will come to Play 60 Full minutes of football and thats gonna be the difference in this game. They have alot of young guys this year, but the thing you notice is that they have an undying WILL to win the game. They down put their heads down and surrender. This VA TEch team is legite. Whatever the final outcome may be, Its not gonna be a Blow out either way. Its gonna come down to the final minutes of the game and thats where Va Tech is oh so good.

Ganz will pass for 4 times as many yards as the NU running backs gain on the ground.

The winner of the game will not score more than 3 touchdowns.

I Have Tons of Respect for Va TECH. THey might not have an impressive Offense this year, but their Defense is looking just as strong as its been in years past. They dominate on special teams and take your turnovers and make you pay for em. And as with the past few games they've played close games, but they still have found a way to win. No matter what happens VA TECH will come to Play 60 Full minutes of football and thats gonna be the difference in this game. They have alot of young guys this year, but the thing you notice is that they have an undying WILL to win the game. They down put their heads down and surrender. This VA TEch team is legite. Whatever the final outcome may be, Its not gonna be a Blow out either way. Its gonna come down to the final minutes of the game and thats where Va Tech is oh so good.

I agree...Virginia Tech is loaded with big, strong, fast athletes that are not used to losing. They will claw, scratch and bite to try to win. They also have almost legendary special team play, which is often critical in a game between fairly evenly matched teams.

It is going to come down to who executes better, and who wants the win more. I hope that it is my beloved Cornhuskers. Anything more that a 7-10 point game either way will surprise me.