So...will we find out where we are against VTech?

Huskerballz

I'm watching the VTech - NC game and I gotta say, I am terribly unimpressed with how VTech is playing. Granted, teams play differently week to week, but they are looking totally outclassed by North Carolina and it's been that way the entire game.

The offense is non-existent, seriously, they don't have one. The defense, while solid, has given up some big plays. They are committing lots of penalties and making lots of mental mistakes.

Overall, they just seem sloppy and unmotivated.

I think that we have a very good chance to run away with this game now, and frankly, if we don't win, we probably won't be in good shape at all for Big 12.

So, in a way, I guess VTech could show us where we're at, but in another way, they aren't that good and would probably get beat by 8 of the 12 teams in the Big 12, thus, if we beat them, would show us absolutely nothing.

I don't know, just thinking out loud.

Thoughts?

I've felt pretty good about our chances with VA Tech. In fact, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we blew them sky high with our offense. The fact is you don't need much of a defense to stay in the game with them, but this is Bo Pelini's defense now. I think we've got everything we need to win that game and win in convincingly. Provided we don't beat ourselves trying to go for the throat early, I predict a clear win.

A win we won't get credit for, by the way, if Tech drops the ball to North Carolina.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I just thought they would have been a lot better than this at this point. It does seem like they do defend the run fairly well but it seems like they give up to many big plays. I would assume that there defense is somewhat unexperienced and they just don't have a threatening offense. But maybe things will be a little different next week. At this point I would think we should be able to win by 10. Guess we will have to wait and see next week.

true husker x, but if I was Bo Pelini I would be making the NU Defense watch this game. The UNC D has got Va Techs number it seems. If not for a couple of penalties, the hokies offense would still be struggling.

Yeah, if they'd stop shooting themselves in the foot they could have had this game by three touchdowns. Not that I can complain. I want Tech as highly ranked as possible. Oh, and Tech just tied it up.

true husker x, but if I was Bo Pelini I would be making the NU Defense watch this game. The UNC D has got Va Techs number it seems. If not for a couple of penalties, the hokies offense would still be struggling.

I don't think it's hard for any D to get VTech's number...they have no identity. Tyrod will either dance in the pocket for a few seconds, roll out then throw up a prayer that may/may not get picked off, or he'll run it and get stuffed or gain a couple yards. That's basically been their offense.

I'd go as far as saying that the offenses our D went up against so far is better than VTech's.

Touchdown VTech right when I say that however.

Go Hokies! Pretend to be good for a week!!

Valiant effort if they do pull out a win, but I still don't see them posing much of a threat to us. I consider our offense better than North Carolina's.

Our offense is LIGHT YEARS better than NC. The only thing that could lose us this game would be turnovers.

I've been saying this all summer, we will beat VT. Only question is by how much?

Valiant effort if they do pull out a win, but I still don't see them posing much of a threat to us. I consider our offense better than North Carolina's.

Our offense is LIGHT YEARS better than NC. The only thing that could lose us this game would be turnovers.

I've been saying this all summer, we will beat VT. Only question is by how much?

I am not sure how much better our offense is than UNC, didn't anyone watch what UNC has done the past few weeks? Anyway I will say we will know one thing for certain, if Big Red runs the ball effectively then all talk about doubting the running game should go away. VT can flat out stuff the run. That would be an absolutely great sign going into conference play. If NU can get 200 yards rushing then I think the posters calling for a 9-3 season are not too far off.