Football Discussion

BamaBeta

Welcome. Looks like your team is back on track. I used to follow a few teams growing up. Alabama was one of them. Always a class program. ND was another one I followed plus Minn. Lost interest in Minn.

I remember the class Bear B showed after the 72 Orange Bowl's 38-6 loss to the Huskers."Got our butts whipped" when asked about the game. Started to hate ND after Ara's comment that The Huskers weren't that much better than ND after the 73 Orange Bowl's 40-6 loss to the Huskers. Alabama has class, ND not so much.

Good to see you guys back. Good luck the rest of the year.

GBR!!!

Welcome to the board! I'm going to agree with mostly everyone on here in saying that the SEC is still king of the hill. Like others I would place the Big 12 in second place, and like you said, yes Missouri is over rated. But never the less, missouri is a solid team, and if they can keep that strength, and Bo does turn nebraska (slow as it may be) back into a powehouse, I believe the big 12 will start to give the SEC a real run for their money.

The conference would then have several big-rollers. Oklahoma, Missouri, Nebraska, Texas, Kansas (?), and someday maybe even OSU (I think they are far under rated, and are slowly getting better). In my mind though, the big 12 will not be able to compete with the SEC until teams like Nebraska (colorado?) raise the bar just a little bit higher. We need to be able to play a competitive game with schools like LSU. When that happens, and when Oklahoma or Texas start winning their bowl games, then the big 12 may very well be on top.

But that is all prophecy. Right now I don't think anyone could honestly say anything that would dethrone the SEC.