Blackshirt Black Out Bad Idea

Black Out Poll  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why when Bo Pelini has stated time after time his stance on Black Shirts why do some people want to try something that is not going to work. You will not get 81,067 + fans to wear Black Shirts. Nebraska is going to be on TV that would be ABC with millions of viewers watching, do we really want to show them that we as fans don't support what our coach is doing. Don't get me wrong Nebraska Black shirts are fine and I even like them, but there is nothing that gives you the chills more than seeing Memorial Stadium filled with RED as that tunnel walk theme is playing. There are a few vendors and websites that are trying to dump their stock of illegal black shirts due to copyright infringements, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING Husker related that is not officially licensed By the Huskers or NCAA.

You can read more on our website PremiumFootball.com

Amen...

Just because there is some joe cool running a web site it does not give him the right to steal Wickedshadows art and try to profit from it. I`m glad Wickedshadows got it taken down...at least some of it...I guess we will have to wait until friday for the rest.

Good luck Wicked...

Fight on brother...lol

Why when Bo Pelini has stated time after time his stance on Black Shirts why do some people want to try something that is not going to work. You will not get 81,067 + fans to wear Black Shirts. Nebraska is going to be on TV that would be ABC with millions of viewers watching, do we really want to show them that we as fans don't support what our coach is doing. Don't get me wrong Nebraska Black shirts are fine and I even like them, but there is nothing that gives you the chills more than seeing Memorial Stadium filled with RED as that tunnel walk theme is playing. There are a few vendors and websites that are trying to dump their stock of illegal black shirts due to copyright infringements, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING Husker related that is not officially licensed By the Huskers or NCAA.

You can read more facts and opinions on my blog title Blackshirt-b*******

I agree with you 100%.

Every time I hear about one of these stupid "black out" ideas I cringe. Nebraska was the first school to do the all-red. We were doing it years before Tennessee started doing orange, Penn State white, etc. Why change? Instead of having a smattering of black, let’s go for 100% red. No gray, no white, no black, no Old Navy t-shirts. Just RED!

Red Shirt Red OUT!!!

Husker fans are known as the "Sea of Red" and trust me, that looks WAY COOLER than a sea of black!

Stick with your red my friends!

This new black out was an idea of a moron with stolen images trying to make a buck on shirt sales.

Yea, let all Husker fans be shown on primetime national television wearing all black (Which Bo Pelini is AGAINST!) When No Husker has EARNED the Blackshirt YET!

Ok, sounds good! Lets all look completely stupid and uneducated, shall we?

Look, a black out down the road may be an ok idea, but this is SOOOO not the time.

Maybe if we are number 1 in the north when CU comes to town in November, then we can consider a black out game, but not now!

EDIT: There is already going to be a black out game on Saturday night, No. 8 Alabama at No. 3 Georgia.

Georgia being ranked #3 in the nation going black makes sense, while the non ranked Huskers doing the same with the fans would make Husker fans look even worse then stated above!

By the way, the black out is supported and started by the Georgia team, not some fans idea!

I posted this on a site selling my stolen image T-Shirts, but I think it is valid here as well

"If you plan on participating in this so called black out (which the Huskers DO NOT SUPPORT) to show your support of the Huskers, then do not buy unlicensed and illegal shirt's to wear.

Doing so completely defeats the cause you are attempting to support.

Buy official shirts for far less then what other shirts will cost you

like this official blackshirts tee shirt for $16.99 http://www.shophuskers.com/shophuskers/pro...sp?sku=NC75BK1T

Or this SIC "Bo knows Defense" Shirt for $17.99 http://www.shophuskers.com/shophuskers/pro...sp?sku=NCCMBOKD

shophuskers.com is the OFFICIAL Store for Huskers merchandise and the ONLY WAY TO TRULY support your team!!!"

That "Bo Knows" shirt is cool! I'm gonna get me one of those, lol!

I don't care what y'all say, the b******* is awesome. The problem though is that when we do it at UGA, it makes sense being that our colors are Red AND Black. As cool as the b******* is, I don't think it makes sense when black is not a school color. Just my two cents.

I would like to think that our fans would not want to look like a cheap imitation of UGA's cheesy shtick. A b1ackout in Memorial Stadium has always been, and always will be a boneheaded idea.

Both of you are DEAD ON correct (outside of the "cheesy shtick" part, I think it's kinda cool having the team and fans on the same page!)

But as far as a black out for the Huskers, maybe when they are ranked and going against another ranked team can we even think about that idea.