when va tech has the ball...

shagg

ok folks, what's the key for us on D when va tech has the ball? i really think we gotta attack tyrod taylor..that means crowding the line of scrimmage and blitzing. we have to make him beat us throwing the ball. the main thing is we cannot let him get comfortable. he's far from a polished passer with a tendency to make bad decision when throwing. i think Bo will try to confuse him on throwing downs..that's my opinion..like to here what you guys think.

Hokie QB Stats

T. Taylor 60.0 199 0 2

S. Glennon 56.3 197 1 3

Under 400 yards passing in 4 games with 5 INT's and 1 TD

Hokie RB Stats

D. Evans 56 264 4.7

T. Taylor 41 221 5.4

Taylor has 41 carries in 4 games.

Load the box, stunt and blitz. Shut down the running game completely and go after the QB. I'd stunt the D-Line every play to confuse the QB and tie up the O-Line while alternating Blitzing LB's and safeties. Play tight coverage and pin the ears back. I am not concerned with the VT passing game, especially deep.

GBR!

IMO, take away the quick slants. If the quick pass isn't there, our line can have an influence on the game. Nobody on defense can get to the QB in less than 2 seconds. Look for our DB's to step in front of a quick pass and turn it into points.

Look at the last game though and where NMSU got all their yards was mainly from short passes. The reason this is, is because we are still playing off of the receiver by 5 or 6 yards which is very annoying. Obviously, Bo and company know more than I do about these things and maybe our guys just aren't good enough in the secondary yet to play man to man coverage and hit these guys at the line?

IMO, take away the quick slants. If the quick pass isn't there, our line can have an influence on the game. Nobody on defense can get to the QB in less than 2 seconds. Look for our DB's to step in front of a quick pass and turn it into points.

Look at the last game though and where NMSU got all their yards was mainly from short passes. The reason this is, is because we are still playing off of the receiver by 5 or 6 yards which is very annoying. Obviously, Bo and company know more than I do about these things and maybe our guys just aren't good enough in the secondary yet to play man to man coverage and hit these guys at the line?

:yeah

This is what I mean. This is a weakness for our D. Eliminating the quick pass option may give us what we need to get this thing done.

ok folks, what's the key for us on D when va tech has the ball? i really think we gotta attack tyrod taylor..that means crowding the line of scrimmage and blitzing. we have to make him beat us throwing the ball. the main thing is we cannot let him get comfortable. he's far from a polished passer with a tendency to make bad decision when throwing. i think Bo will try to confuse him on throwing downs..that's my opinion..like to here what you guys think.

agree, Bo will bring the heat right away...he will gamble, we will get burned some too, but the kid will be nervous all night long.....win or lose, he must be pressured.