I should of said....

In defense of BRI on that hot wing recipe that failed big time...I asked him if he would give his opinion of it if he made it and he was just being honest when he gave his opinon of it. I am just very sorry that it turned out awful for him...I didn't know it would be awful. I like Paulas recipes and I have great respect for her. Like I said earlier...I deleted the post and hope you all don't give up on me posting recipes. We all can't like the same food and I do my best to post good recipes and I hope that you all will keep looking and trying them...hugs to all.

I was shocked when he said they were too hot. The recipe doesn't make it sounds like they'd be "overly" hot. But then again, when I see a recipe that basically says "OMG THIS IS REALLY HOT" it's usually pretty tame..

Really you didn't think a recipe with 6 sarrano peppers, 10 jalapeno's, 1 bottle of tabasco sauce, 1 bottle of hot sauce, 1/2 bottle of worchestire sauce, 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar, 4 tablespoons of cayenne pepper, 1 tablespoon of pepper, and 1 red bell pepper didn't look that hot? :blink:

I was shocked when he said they were too hot. The recipe doesn't make it sounds like they'd be "overly" hot. But then again, when I see a recipe that basically says "OMG THIS IS REALLY HOT" it's usually pretty tame..

Really you didn't think a recipe with 6 sarrano peppers, 10 jalapeno's, 1 bottle of tabasco sauce, 1 bottle of hot sauce, 1/2 bottle of worchestire sauce, 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar, 4 tablespoons of cayenne pepper, 1 tablespoon of pepper, and 1 red bell pepper didn't look that hot? :blink:

Depends on who's watching you eat.

If I was trying to impress a girl and eating that..I might complain of my inner ears "itching a little"..and try to think about very cold sandpaper

If I was alone or with a bunch of guys, I'd probably give my mouth (and maybe later... my balloon knot) a blast from a CO2 fire extinguisher (or a box of CaCO3).kaboom.gif

TO me, yea. The hottest thing in there is the tabasco. They are two levels above jalapeno's on the scoville scale. *shrug*.

I thought with the volume of liquid it would be alright. I'd probably leave out the tabasco because I don't really like Tabasco though.

The bell pepper doesn't count :)

I am tempted to try this out some time. The marinating might have been what did you in. Did they at least have good flavor?

TO me, yea. The hottest thing in there is the tabasco. They are two levels above jalapeno's on the scoville scale. *shrug*.

I thought with the volume of liquid it would be alright. I'd probably leave out the tabasco because I don't really like Tabasco though.

The bell pepper doesn't count :)

I am tempted to try this out some time. The marinating might have been what did you in. Did they at least have good flavor?

Yeah, they had good flavor, but no one could stand them. I started having a hard time when I got to 6.

Niner's Girl don't feel bad, you post them and we try them at our own risk. Had I seen the recipe I would have gut all the hot stuff down by at least 1/2 and left the tabasco or hot sauce out all together. Even with doing that it would have still been to hot for me, but the guys that we have come over for football would have eaten it like no tomorrow.

Thank you....I just post the recipes and members who decide to make some of them..will hopefully like them. They know what they like and don't like and can adjust ingredients of a recipe according to their own taste. I try to remember to say if I have made them or not..but..sometimes forget. I try my best to help members find something new to try for dinner, etc. I am open to all suggestions if anyone has any and will do my best to help anyone out.