I need to know this.....

Rivals?  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

MU has only one rival, and that is KU.

I grew up in Cass County MO and went to elementary school with kids whose great-grandparents were murdered by Jayhawkers, had farms burned to the ground and so on. You grow up hating Kansans without even really knowing why.

Before anybody gives me a history lecture please note that I know that both sides gave as good as they got. Missourians were as much perpetrators as they were victims. I'm just describing the dynamics that exist along the border.

Nothing that's transpired between Nebraska's and Mizzou's programs comes close to creating the kind of hatred that exists between Missouri and Kansas. The snobby nature of a lot of today's Johnson County residents (many of whom come to the Missouri side for their recreational pursuits) helps sustain it.

I don't know if it's good, but it's real...

If Nebraska and Missouri are not rivals, then since we lost our annual game with Oklahoma, we have no rivals. Colorado is like a knat on a boars arse...a nuisance, but not really a serious rival, not one that most Nebraskans want to take too seriously anyway.

Maybe Cy can get the Cyclones whipped into shape so we can have a real rivalry with IS...what do you say Cy?

We used to be rivals, but when Mizzou started sucking so bad, we quit playing that game. Maybe we'll start again next year when NU may be better and MU may be worse off. Then we'd be about even.

Even are you kidding me, and when were we ever a rival?

Nice post but MU doesn't understand yet.

KC i dont know how old you are, and dont really care. But I work with and personally know Husker players from the 70's and they have always told me it was the biggest game behind OU. THey hated each other and took great pleasure in seeing the other lose.

Now I dont know about you...but when a player tells me its was a rivalry, i'll take their word for it.

If Nebraska and Missouri are not rivals, then since we lost our annual game with Oklahoma, we have no rivals. Colorado is like a knat on a boars arse...a nuisance, but not really a serious rival, not one that most Nebraskans want to take too seriously anyway.

Maybe Cy can get the Cyclones whipped into shape so we can have a real rivalry with IS...what do you say Cy?

We used to be rivals, but when Mizzou started sucking so bad, we quit playing that game. Maybe we'll start again next year when NU may be better and MU may be worse off. Then we'd be about even.

KC i dont know how old you are, and dont really care. But I work with and personally know Husker players from the 70's and they have always told me it was the biggest game behind OU. THey hated each other and took great pleasure in seeing the other lose.

Now I dont know about you...but when a player tells me its was a rivalry, i'll take their word for it.

hey arent you the one telling us the past doesnt matter??

seriously though IMO our nearest goal is the B12 north... so MU is our main rival as they are the class of the B12N

hey arent you the one telling us the past doesnt matter??

seriously though IMO our nearest goal is the B12 north... so MU is our main rival as they are the class of the B12N

now mel <_<

you and i both know that when it comes to a rival, history is different than picking the winner of a game. Trends do matter. What happened 10-15-20 or more years ago when looking at a game doesnt. It will not be easy for Mu to win in Lincoln, but the streak of losses has much less to do with who wins as oppossed to how NU plays on O & D.

:) in short, history can make a rivalry, history does not dictate a winner for the MU/NU game ;)

Plus my post was in responce to this "Even are you kidding me, and when were we ever a rival?"