Bad football team

I love the Huskers as much as anyone, but after watching the debacle that was the first half of this game, this is not a goood football team. Honesty sucks, I know. You can't point at one weakness; they execute poorly in every aspect of the game. So, I guess you could say they are consistent. You can beat me up all you want, but it's a fact. And here's another one you can beat me up over: This coaching staff is NOT getting it done. I'm not calling for anyone's head, but Pelini and company are as much to blame as anyone, perhaps more so.

I love the Huskers as much as anyone, but after watching the debacle that was the first half of this game, this is not a goood football team. Honesty sucks, I know. You can't point at one weakness; they execute poorly in every aspect of the game. So, I guess you could say they are consistent. You can beat me up all you want, but it's a fact. And here's another one you can beat me up over: This coaching staff is NOT getting it done. I'm not calling for anyone's head, but Pelini and company are as much to blame as anyone, perhaps more so.

I can not friggin believe you wrote this, on this night, at this time in the game/season. I will freely admit Nebraska is my adopted team (I am from Los Angeles but my wife is a Nebraska alum and I fell in love day one in Lincoln)... but to hear someone actually call out the coaching staff after 4.5 games and say the coaching staff is "not getting it done"... WTF???

These are the same defensive players Kosgrove had last year... what did you expect, for Pelini to come in and wave a friggin wand and make everything in the land of Osborne do a 180?? Come on... show a little loyalty and desire for your team to fight hard until the end. Pelini must be allowed to recruit players to his system and his methodology. Until then, all we can ask for is to fight and fight and fight and never give up, even if down 31-10 at halftime.

Giving up at halftime reminds me of when I played football... at the age of 9!!! Grow up...

How am I contradicting myself? We are seeing the same exact mistakes we saw in game one. Nearly everyone on this board made the same excuses, 'it can be corrected, it's a coaching thing', right? And I'm not calling for anyone's head, I don't think Pelini should be canned or anything like it, but who's lap do we put in?

So tell me, SoCal how are they 'getting it done?'

How am I contradicting myself? We are seeing the same exact mistakes we saw in game one. Nearly everyone on this board made the same excuses, 'it can be corrected, it's a coaching thing', right? And I'm not calling for anyone's head, I don't think Pelini should be canned or anything like it, but who's lap do we put in?

So tell me, SoCal how are they 'getting it done?'

I never stated they were "getting it done". Re-read my response... :lol:

What I DID do was call you out for making judgments and throwing the coaching staff under the bus for failed execution by the players (almost none of whom were recruited by this coaching staff). In High School I had a coach who, our first year, led us to a 1-9 record. Everyone laid it on his shoulders and said he "wasn't getting it done" and but it was his first year and we went back to the drawing board, re-learned his strategies and plays, and re-dedicated ourselves. In our second year we went 10-0 and won the City Section Championship. I realize this is not High School (although I'm sure this is the only comment most on this board will focus on) but I also point to the fact that evey (EVERY) win and loss is laid squarely (in my opinion) on the shoulders of the head coach... but to state that the coaching staff is part of the problem with this group of players is inaccurate at best, ludicrous at worst.

Rebuilding in todays environment is going to be tuff. I think it has to be directed toward specific needs and right now the Huskers need an O-Line and a D-line. When we were untouchable and when we were always in the running we always had people in the trenches. Now we don't.

T_O_B