Damon Benning take on Missouri game

While you can come to this conclusion after the VaTech game, we did have the ball like 8 minutes or so longer than Mizzou did. I agree though we do desperately need a running game.

Missouri Fans tried to explain that time of possession is not relevant when it comes to this years squad at MU. Missouri scores in seconds...not minutes.

Time of possession is almost useless as a stat to be concerned with.. and to ease your worry...

Not one team has had success running the football against MU's front seven..

That is why all teams pass.. since the Illinois game MU has changed pass coverage.. running more cover 2 and zone to make teams drive the field....

It is what it is....

Missouri 55 Okla State ... 24

early prediction

So.....uhm.....nobody thinks the defense is a bigger problem than the offense?

Is this just because people are venting but don't want to vent at Bo? Yet?

I think that most folks were so depressed by the defense last year, that the expectations weren't too high. Conversely, the expectations for the offense were high - thus, the greater disappointment and questions.

In addition, there has been some improvement on the defense. If nothing else, we aren't seeing the lack of effort that we saw last year.

Good points, but I think you have to hold Bo responsible for both sides of the ball. I think the lack of running game is killing the offense, and the proof there is real problem is the running back by committee that is going on. What that says is we DON'T HAVE A RUNNING BACK WORTHY OF STARTING.

The offense not controlling the clock is killing us, as evident against Missouri. We don't have the depth to keep our defense on the field chasing receivers all day long. Missouri proved that (though they seemed to score really quick every time they had the ball), and Texas Tech will probably put the exclamation point on it.

Just having the 100% effort back is a thrill, beats last year all to heck. That was so frustrating. But we are going to expect more, like eventually winning. Hopefully that will come around, too.