new hated rival

(I don't think Mizzou has respect for the Nebraska program.)

I would agree with that. From what I've heard from Daniel (being a vicker for the program) and seen from Pinkel there is nothing that indicates they have any semblance of respect for us.

Just be thankful Pinkel has class and didn't hang 70+ on you like all of us wanted him to do.

I think saying Pinkel has class is a bit of a stretch. Remember Columbia last year when he called for a fake field goal when the game was clearly out of reach? I'm pretty sure that is the opposite of class.

And while your other sentiments are certainly not going to be received well on this board, I think there is some truth to them. As I heard on USC from today, I would moreso equate Nebraska football now to Iowa State with tradition.

I don't consider Mizzou to be a rival, or Colorado. I just hate them, but I don't want either to have the satisfaction of being our rival.

You guys are acting like this past game was an isolated event. We've been improving under Pinkel for many years, and we're not going anywhere.

Your team on the other hand seems to be going backward, sliding into Baylor territory. It's time you guys take a long look at your program and prepare for a few years of mediocrity. You're just not a good team anymore. It sucks, but accept it. Southeast Missouri gave us a better game than Nebraska did.

Just be thankful Pinkel has class and didn't hang 70+ on you like all of us wanted him to do.

You are right on many of your points such as hanging 70+ on us but to say that we are in the same catagory with Baylor is completely insane, we have a better fan base than Baylor and better facilities and the list goes on, i cant wait until next year when Missouri doesn't have CHEESE BOOGER any more and all the Tiger fans can shut there traps. Seriously the Tiger fan bas is turning into Colorados. Nebraska is not going to win any NC soon but I have faith in this staff and with time we'll be great. GO BO!

I don't consider Mizzou to be a rival, or Colorado. I just hate them, but I don't want either to have the satisfaction of being our rival.

You guys are acting like this past game was an isolated event. We've been improving under Pinkel for many years, and we're not going anywhere.

Your team on the other hand seems to be going backward, sliding into Baylor territory. It's time you guys take a long look at your program and prepare for a few years of mediocrity. You're just not a good team anymore. It sucks, but accept it. Southeast Missouri gave us a better game than Nebraska did.

Hey, thanks for your first post on this board from your trailer. So, in effect, what you are saying is that Pinkel is the only person in that state with class. I KNEW IT!!!

Well, I think it would be hard for any rivalry between MU and NU to come anywhere close to the MU KU rivalry. That truly is a situation where you can throw out any rankings or records when we meet. The passion there goes back to the 1850's, and both fan bases are completely into it.

I just hope that we can continue to be contenders in the Big 12 North year after year. NU will be contenders again, and it would be great to have some close games that mean something between us. How great would a 1-2 ranking be with MU and NU at one and two (regardless of who was #1).

That said, my wife DID say Saturday morning that she wanted to beat you guys even more than she wanted to beat KU (I don't believe her, she IS a woman and all that), so maybe there is something to rivalry talk...

How this conference is transforming, it really is turning into the SEC for the North teams and NU fans will not like/consider all North teams the rival at some point. The word rival is termed loosely here.

Many NU fans don't like this, but my assessment is that unless NU hires a superstar HC, there will still be OU, Texas then.........everybody else. With a new contender from the North every couple years or so. Texas took NU's spot in the old order and knocked NU down to everyone else status in the old Big 8. Just my POV.

Not to make excuses but the Big 12 and NCAA have done many things to pull the power away from Nebraska. 85 scolarships, higher grades, visits, food, title game ...

We have one strong hold left and that is the walk on program. This was once a halmark of the Husker program that was all but destroyed by BC. Yet this will quickly be rebuilt because we have a fan base like no other state. Many of our boys would rather play for NU than take a scolarship from another school. They will play with the heart of a Husker and the day will come again when we are feared because their teams will be sore the week after a Husker game.

We have to be patient with Bo, he has to teach these kids the right way to play and it is going to be hard to get the best recruits to come in here when we aren't winning. However in four years we are going to have a system in place where walk ons are Seniors and are doing the right things in our system. This will allow us to reload not rebuild. :horns2

I just hope we will get better sooner than 4 years. I believe we will.

Man the big 12 is tough this year. :ahhhhhhhh What are the chances that 2 teams from the big 12 play in the title game?

Weren't you the guy calling for Pinkel's head after he completely wasted all 4 years of Brad Smith's tenure? Wait, maybe that was someone else... and by "someone else" I actually mean "every fan of Missouri football fan who isn't dead."

Regardless, to say that Missouri has been steadily improving under Pinkel "for many years" is a gross misrepresentation of the situation. Before Chase Daniel arrived the Missouri program was in the exact same place that it was at the beginning of Pinkel's stay in Columbia.

Now that said, your second declaration ("we're not going anywhere") may prove to be true, though it's certainly no sure thing at this time. We'll have to wait and see how the recruits that Pinkel's been bringing in recently pan out... only time will tell.

Things like this crack me up. This is what i'm going to refer to as the "Jayhawk Syndrome".

The symptoms are, after one year of tremendous success, vision becomes blurred, judgement impared, and a sense of distorted reality.

This usually lasts a few years, and then everything comes crashing back down to earth...

I find statements like that rather funny. I mean from what ive seen mizzu fans are just wonderfull. If thats what i can expect out of a mizzu game, then no thanks. Youve played far few hi qualty games in your history to start pulling your junk out and waveing it around. Not much else to say because others have said it. Were down but not out. Remember your just mizzu and thats how most of the country will think of you. You will never be a Nebraska, Notre Dame, USC, LongHorn, Ohio State or any other high caliber team. You just wont. If the Horned Frogs one the NC one year but fell into obscurity no one would notice. But one spitting incident happens and its in the news. Sorry you will always be a mediocer team in the Big 12 right there with kansas