Auburn -19 vs Arkansas

saniflush

This might actually be the one game Arkansas can win in the SEC this year. Auburn's offense is terrible, and Arkansas actually played Florida close for three quarters last Saturday. I believe that Florida scored three TDs in the 4th quarter - until then, it was a VERY close game.

Having said that, Auburn has a damn good defense, and Arkansas, like Auburn, has a terrible offense. This one could very well come down to turnovers or special team play.

I have a bunch of Arkansas buddies that are coming down for the game and one of them sent me this yesterday. I thought it was pretty funny.

We could all be in peril on Saturday.

Newton's First Law of Motion: Inertia

An object at rest (Auburn's offense) will stay at rest unless acted upon by an outside force. An object in motion (Arkansas' defense, moving...backward!) will stay in motion unless acted upon by an outside force.

What in the blue hell is going to happen Saturday when the Auburn offense and our defense come to the line of scrimmage and the Tigers /refuse/ to move the football, and the Hogs /refuse/ to stop them?

And if something DOES happen to the space-time continuum, would Fred Talley regain any eligibility? And while we're at it, if the wormhole is open long enough, can somebody go back and fix that bullsh#t holding call from the '03 game?

Just some things to consider.

I have a bunch of Arkansas buddies that are coming down for the game and one of them sent me this yesterday. I thought it was pretty funny.

We could all be in peril on Saturday.

Newton's First Law of Motion: Inertia

An object at rest (Auburn's offense) will stay at rest unless acted upon by an outside force. An object in motion (Arkansas' defense, moving...backward!) will stay in motion unless acted upon by an outside force.

What in the blue hell is going to happen Saturday when the Auburn offense and our defense come to the line of scrimmage and the Tigers /refuse/ to move the football, and the Hogs /refuse/ to stop them?

And if something DOES happen to the space-time continuum, would Fred Talley regain any eligibility? And while we're at it, if the wormhole is open long enough, can somebody go back and fix that bullsh#t holding call from the '03 game?

Just some things to consider.

:rollin

The level of ineptitude in that game could be record setting!

Ouch. Auburn moving to the spread was kind of a head scratcher, but I am surprised that it ended this early.

Speaking of Arkansas, AR, any idea why they play some home games in Fayetteville and some in Little Rock?

I actually think we will keep some portions of it. I think Tuberville wants to get back to something closer to what we were running when Petrino was our OC.

Arkansas used to split all their homes games up between Little Rock and Fayetteville because of the fan base being so spread out and razo0rback stadium in Fayetteville had a lot lower capacity than War Memorial (stadium in Little Rock) back during the old SWC days. That is no longer the case and there is a good interstate spur to get you back and forth to Fayetteville. They have begun weening Little Rock off the games.

***SNIP***

Speaking of Arkansas, AR, any idea why they play some home games in Fayetteville and some in Little Rock?

***SNIIP***

Arkansas used to split all their homes games up between Little Rock and Fayetteville because of the fan base being so spread out and razo0rback stadium in Fayetteville had a lot lower capacity than War Memorial (stadium in Little Rock) back during the old SWC days. That is no longer the case and there is a good interstate spur to get you back and forth to Fayetteville. They have begun weening Little Rock off the games.

In addition, at the time the population in Arkansas was primarily found in the central part of the state, where Little Rock is located. With the explosion of growth in the northwest corner of the state, where Fayetteville is located, that's no longer the case, and the reason that they can fill the relatively recently expanded Razorback Stadium in Fayetteville.

Also, the road to Fayetteville used to be...awful. Very difficult drive - up into the mountains and it was a two lane senic highway. Very dangerous. There were also no Interstate highways easily accessible to many parts of the state that led directly to Fayettville. If you lived in the northeast corner of the state, you essentially had to drive to Little Rock in the center of the state, then drive to Fayettevill in the northwest corner of the state.

***SNIP***

***SNIIP***

In addition, at the time the population in Arkansas was primarily found in the central part of the state, where Little Rock is located. With the explosion of growth in the northwest corner of the state, where Fayetteville is located, that's no longer the case, and the reason that they can fill the relatively recently expanded Razorback Stadium in Fayetteville.

Also, the road to Fayetteville used to be...awful. Very difficult drive - up into the mountains and it was a two lane senic highway. Very dangerous. There were also no Interstate highways easily accessible to many parts of the state that led directly to Fayettville. If you lived in the northeast corner of the state, you essentially had to drive to Little Rock in the center of the state, then drive to Fayettevill in the northwest corner of the state.

I agree that it is very scenic although it's been awhile. My friend and I used to go hiking around Pea Ridge (he's a Civil War buff) and in 1996 we decided to couple the Oklahoma game in Norman into the trip. That was definately one of the most beautiful autumn settings I have ever seen along that highway.

***SNIP***

***SNIIP***

Very interesting. I had always wondered why they would split up their home games, but that would make sense. Are either a good place to see a game?

Very interesting. I had always wondered why they would split up their home games, but that would make sense. Are either a good place to see a game?

Well, between the two, I would recommend a night game in Little Rock. There seems to be more "energy" there. Not sure why - it may be because a lot of the fans are people who can't get to many games in Fayetteville, and they tend to be more fired up. Usually much louder, even though the stadium is now smaller than the one in Fayetteville. The tailgating is pretty good, as well - there is a municipal golf course across the street, and it's loaded with tailgaters. Well, let me caution you - I haven't been to a game in either venue in years, so things may have changed. But I'd still guess that Little Rock would win out.

I actually would have agreed with you had it been 5 or 6 years ago. I think the whole Little Rock dynamic has changed now though. War Memorial stadium (Little Rock) is outdated to say the least and with the added ease of getting to Fayetteville now, the place to be for a Hog game is Razorback stadium. IMO

Plus with Fayetteville being in the foothills of the Ozarks it makes for some nice scenery.

Auburn just fired their OC Tony Franklin after 6 games in his FIRST year:

ESPN

Doesn't surprise me. Hell, Franklin published a book detailing his spread offense and sold it to High School coaches. Can't help but wonder what college teams bought the same book and studied it before the season. It's a no wonder their offense is terrible when your OC essentially told everyone what your play book is.