O-Line Play

I was just watching a replay of the Missouri game. Did anybody else see Slauson on Swift's touchdown? This play really scares me if that is considered execution? This is a senior who has "been in the system". I could mention more plays too, like Swift's next catch. Defenders are running right by him. I am a huge Slauson fan and I especially like his attitude. This kid is made to find his man and drive him into the stands. Not look in a zone and then block. Coaching is about adjustments. I believe in our staff to put these kids in a position to succeed? Thoughts?

This O-line has to be the worst one Nebraska has had in 40 years...that is why there is no run game, and any passes that Ganz gets off are on the run.

I don't mean to mock you, but I've heard that same line for a number of seasons over the past 5 years. Ask Z. Taylor. At the same time what I don't get is this is a very experienced group of players. Maybe all the NU haters in the 90s decade have some clout with their roids/GHB myths- :o

In the same breathe I suppose it's no coincidence that NU has had only 3 o-lineman drafted in the past 7 years. C. Nicks last year, Fonoti in 2002 and I'm counting the kicked off the team R. Incognito. Don't count Incognito and it's 2.

Well, if you look at the running game, I would probably bet the house that the stats would back up the theory of this being the worst o-line. Not sure how we would look when it came to total offense at this point in the season, because there have been some games when the passing game was on this year. I have to give a lot of the credit for that to Ganz, though, and his mobility. If we didn't have Ganz we might be in a world of hurt right now, which leaves the question - who is going to step up at QB next season to do the job? So far I haven't been that impressed with anyone, what little we have seen them. I dare to say that BC brought in a couple QB's that may not fit our style of offense - if we ever can figure out what that style is going to be.

We have a lot of work to do...it is going to get worse before it gets better.

It doesn't surprise me about Slauson. He's more concerned with painting his face to look intimidating than actually pancaking someone to the ground and be intimidating.

The thing about the O-line from years past if I remember correctly, Slauson showed up from Colorado Springs out of prep school onto NU in 2005 and wasn't he practically slated to start as a freshman? He did towards the end of the season and has since then. Usually it's not a good thing to have a freshman starting on the O-line unless they are Fonoti caliber and you can point at a guy like Raiola did at the line and say block him. Gawd I miss those 2. I just don't get the lack of development with Slauson or Murtha??? Both face painters, both perplexing??