Murillo

Apathy

Crabtree ended up with 5 for 89 and 42 of those yards came off the long pass play. Pretty nice job covering the best WR in the country, IMO.

I agree. Murillo knocked a couple out of Crabtree's hand as well. Take away the screen when it was an all out blitz(I believe that was on Hagg and Thornell), the out on Asante, and the bomb(no safety help) and he had what 2 catches when he was covered by Murillo. I'm sorry but if people can't live with that then they will never be happy.

Was it just me or did Murillo play like dog poop yesterday. It seem that when covering Crabtree, Murillo wouldn't bump him at the line of scrimmage and would let Crabtree run right by him with little effort. I don't know if that's the type of coverage they were playing on defense but Murillo played like crap and cost us the game when Crabtree caught that long ball on 4 & 6 or so in the 4th. It wasn't just on that long play on 4th were Murillo f*cked up, he let Crabtree catch the freakin ball all day and was like 5-10 yards away everytime.

If I had anything to say I wouldn't start Murillo and Suh next week. Suh had a lot of good plays and stuff but again he had a stupid penalty as well.

My only contribution is this. Thank you Armando Murillo for choosing NU --- thank you for playing hard and we appreciate your dedication to NU football. As for Suh, generally the same --- but play clean and classy --- that is what NU stands for.

Both the Jucos had a tough day. Asante actually played better than normal. Murillo had an ok day. I really though he screwed up MANY times. After watching the game later.... He actually did pretty well against what may be the best reciever in college football. The D line was horrible. I don't know if it was the play calling or what. You can't expect the DB's to cover thoes recievers for that amount of time. The QB had all day and almost NO pressure at all. He sat back there and picked us apart with ease. Ganz would put up record numbers again with that kind of protection. Then again TT has a very big, very experienced and very talented O line. So....

Yup, MC just blew right by Murillo, who was trying to read the QB's eyes or something.

Dbs played a bit better, but TT still moved the ball w relative ease.

I'm still waiting 4 our dbs 2 turn the 'corner'(ha ha, get it?). :bonez

Cover 2. Murillo was supposed to have safety help over the top, but the safety (I'm thinking Asante) bit on the inside route and left Murillo all alone.

I thought Murillo did a damm nice job on Crabtree. On three of the catches I remember, Murillo didn't have coverage responsibilities. The TD catch on the out route was on Asante. The screen that he housed was just poor defense by everyone. The deep pass was on the safety.

Crabtree ended up with 5 for 89 and 42 of those yards came off the long pass play. Pretty nice job covering the best WR in the country, IMO.

Whoa, wait a minute....is this the same board last week that was saying things like it is going to be ugly. 37-31 for an OT game...i thought the defense played out of its minds compared to what we have seen thus far. True, there were some mental errors again, but the scoring line on Crabtree was not that impressive.

The long pass play was a blitz that didn't get to Harrell and subsequently left us wide open in the middle of the field. Asante had over the top coverage on the 4th down play but got pulled in by the play call, mind you...no excuse but Murillo did a pretty decent job on MC.

We were also w/o Glenn and Dillard playing a walk-on Freshman at LB...this was growth and coming together albeit still a ways to go. The "D" deserves some big time credit going against that offense.

Just my $0.02