Where do we fit in the Big 12?

OK, next question. Is the North 6 still quite a ways behind the South considering our best team just lost to the #3 or #4 team in the South?

That has to be expected to some degree based on the sheer coaching changes especially being the usual North Powers, NU, CU, KSU.

Mizzou 7.5 year HC

KU 6.5 year HC

CU 2.5 year HC

KSU 2.5 year HC

ISU 1.5 year HC

NU .5 year HC

UT 10.5 year HC

OU 9.5 year HC

TT 8.5 year HC

OSU 3.5 year HC

AM .5 year HC

BU .5 year HC

The teams in the Big 12 that are ranked also have coaching staffs that have been in place for a relative long amount of time except OSU. I don't think OSU is ranked at seasons end, maybe, but bottom top 25. They lose to OU, UT and either KU or TT. The same can be said of TT.

There's just a giant gap between OU/UT and the rest of the conference. Not only in recruiting/talent, but also because of the longevity of their staffs.

With saying that, Stoops OU, M. Brown UT, and Leach TT never had a losing lesson under their watch and their programs reflect that. I pray to god Pelini can get NU to 7-5 as this bodes well for the future.

I see the big 12 like this

top tier

OU

texas

really year in year out no one is close to these 2. (this is where we used to be :(

upper tier

MU

Ttech

OSU

KU

middle

CU

NU

A&M( I know they are horrid right now but i cant see them staying there and they have been good in the past)

bottom

KSU

ISU

Baylor

I had trouble putting OSU and KU in the upper, but they are pretty good this year

but to answer the question... we are in the bottom half.

I like your tier system and I agree with all of them except Baylor and KState are perhaps both middle tier. Beware of both Baylor and KState, they are both pretty good.

OK, next question. Is the North 6 still quite a ways behind the South considering our best team just lost to the #3 or #4 team in the South?

IT looked like the gap was closing last year.... but it looks like the north has taken a step back. its not as bad as it was a few years ago, but its still a south lean.....but of course it is still early. if MU and KU can clean up on OU and TX that changes everything. but right now outside of MU an KU the north is pretty weak

Well.... CU, KState and NU are all decent --- none are good, I'll grant you that. But each has their moments and while you are correct that they can't hang, typically, with the big dogs --- well they are still decent teams. It is just that Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, TTech, and Oklahoma State are all between great and at the very least, really good. Kansas is good. The next tier, which includes NU, CU, and KState in the north and Baylor and A$M in the south are not weak --- decent teams all, just well below the top of the B12 which is a really strong conference.

I see the big 12 like this

top tier

OU

texas

really year in year out no one is close to these 2. (this is where we used to be :(

upper tier

MU

Ttech

OSU

KU

middle

CU

NU

A&M( I know they are horrid right now but i cant see them staying there and they have been good in the past)

bottom

KSU

ISU

Baylor

I had trouble putting OSU and KU in the upper, but they are pretty good this year

but to answer the question... we are in the bottom half.

agree mostly--

top tier- no one is close to these two.

OU

texas

upper tier

MU

OSU

KU

Ttech

middle

CU

NU

Baylor

A&M

Bottom dwellers

KSU

ISU

Take a week off Bo, you deserve a break.