Where do we fit in the Big 12?

Where does NU fit in the Big 12? We just took the #3 team in the South to the wire on their homefield. However, the #4 team in the South just beat the #1 team in the North at their house. Where do you see us when the season ends? Where do you see everyone being in the Big 12 when the smoke clears? My biggest fear is that Mizzou beats Texas next week. Then Texas loses again while OU runs the table. OU faces Mizzou in the Big 12 Championship game, and neither play for the NC.

Is this season going to be a repeat of last year where there will be no undefeated teams and we might very well have a 2 loss team crowned NC? I beg of you the NCAA Gods to implement a playoff system to end the madness.

Nebraska may have exposed Texas Tech as somewhat of a fraud. Before the game, Tech really hadn't played anyone good.

As of today, I see Nebraska as the 3rd best team in the Big 12 North. BUT...the biggest fraud of the weekend is Missouri. When Missouri goes against teams that have equal team speed, they can't get it done. OSU match up with them very well and it threw off Chase Cheesebuger Daniels timing all night long. The Horns will really give Chase and Missouri fits. Look for MU to lose again this coming week.

:)

If you take the Big XII as a whole we are probably right in the middle somewhere. Teams like Texas, OU, OSU, MU, are just way out of our league right now. I still don't know what to expect though when we go up against OU and KU.

I see a similar game plan as yesterdays being played against OU and KU. Think we'll have a better chance for the win against KU, and barring stupid penalties, get the win there...barely.

The beautiful thing about this season is I truly have NO clue! This is why i love college football!

KU still has to play OU, TT, TU, & mizz. And CU still plays mizz and OSU. gives us an oppurtunity to finish out the year with something to play for. NUvsCU will be a game to watch this year, that's for sure!

IF we can beat OU or KU (who have looked less than stellar), and finish with a win over CU, we should at least get a sniff at an Alamo or Insight bowl. If we drop more than one in the next four game stretch, we may have trouble getting into the Texas bowl the way things are shaping up in the south!

Hard for me to believe that a south team won't take one or more of the BCS slots again this year, which might make our hope for a good bowl game a bit easier. But not much!

Keeping this team focused will be a true test for Bo & Co. Can't wait to see how it all shakes out!

I see the big 12 like this

top tier

OU

texas

really year in year out no one is close to these 2. (this is where we used to be :(

upper tier

MU

Ttech

OSU

KU

middle

CU

NU

A&M( I know they are horrid right now but i cant see them staying there and they have been good in the past)

bottom

KSU

ISU

Baylor

I had trouble putting OSU and KU in the upper, but they are pretty good this year

but to answer the question... we are in the bottom half.

OK, next question. Is the North 6 still quite a ways behind the South considering our best team just lost to the #3 or #4 team in the South?

IT looked like the gap was closing last year.... but it looks like the north has taken a step back. its not as bad as it was a few years ago, but its still a south lean.....but of course it is still early. if MU and KU can clean up on OU and TX that changes everything. but right now outside of MU an KU the north is pretty weak

Where does NU fit in the Big 12? We just took the #3 team in the South to the wire on their homefield. However, the #4 team in the South just beat the #1 team in the North at their house. Where do you see us when the season ends? Where do you see everyone being in the Big 12 when the smoke clears? My biggest fear is that Mizzou beats Texas next week. Then Texas loses again while OU runs the table. OU faces Mizzou in the Big 12 Championship game, and neither play for the NC.

Is this season going to be a repeat of last year where there will be no undefeated teams and we might very well have a 2 loss team crowned NC? I beg of you the NCAA Gods to implement a playoff system to end the madness.

I still think we're somewhere between Ames and Boulder.

And the Big-12 consists of 8-9 teams that could beat any other team under the right circumstances.

OU would probably beat Texass twice if they played a couple more times..Same with MU and OSU.

Playoffs would only benefit if there were a "best of 5" games with each match-up, and even then, would cheapen the greatness that is Div. 1 Football.

The "Madness" is what makes it Greatness.

Oh yeah..I'm all for rooting for the Big-12 brethren, but won't be too heartbroke not to have to recruit against a defending MNC.

I dont relly root for anyone in the big 12. Because i know the more downfall they happen upon the better chances we have against them.

How?

Just makes it look like we have a weak conference and therefore, we look worse for losing to them or not as good in beating them.

Also..Some teams play better after a loss.

I dont relly root for anyone in the big 12. Because i know the more downfall they happen upon the better chances we have against them.

How?

Just makes it look like we have a weak conference and therefore, we look worse for losing to them or not as good in beating them.

Also..Some teams play better after a loss.

I can think of one :koolaid2:

I still think we're somewhere between Ames and Boulder.

in more ways than one...geographically speaking of course.

post 500...took me long enough