Brandenburgh starting MLB

I also think Dillard will have the starting spot by the time the season rolls around. Dillard's abilities and athleticism are what the defense needs to improve upon from last year.

Although from what I saw of Dillard, I was very impressed, I HIGHLY doubt he starts from day one. A true frosh walking into a place like Nebraska and starting at middle linebacker from day one is unheard of. The MLB is the field general and makes all the calls and adjustments. Although I have no doubt that Dillard is the real deal, I just don't think he plays from day one. He will see the field, most likely on special teams as Eric eluded to. Barrett Ruud is proclaimed by most to be one of the best if not THE best middle linebacker EVER at Nebraska, and he had to wait a season behind Jamie Burrow(!?). I like Dillard, but I just don't see him starting this season unless their are injuries.

Although from what I saw of Dillard, I was very impressed, I HIGHLY doubt he starts from day one. A true frosh walking into a place like Nebraska and starting at middle linebacker from day one is unheard of. The MLB is the field general and makes all the calls and adjustments. Although I have no doubt that Dillard is the real deal, I just don't think he plays from day one. He will see the field, most likely on special teams as Eric eluded to. Barrett Ruud is proclaimed by most to be one of the best if not THE best middle linebacker EVER at Nebraska, and he had to wait a season behind Jamie Burrow(!?). I like Dillard, but I just don't see him starting this season unless their are injuries.

Hey, but if Ruud was the same size and had the same speed as Dill does, could it have been different? ;)

Hey, but if Ruud was the same size and had the same speed as Dill does, could it have been different? ;)

Both linebackers are about the same size. Ruud is 6'2" 240 lbs and Dillard is 6'2" 247 lbs. Dillard is listed as being a hair faster. I would be shocked to see Phillip Dillard starting right away, even given his great skill.

Speed, size, athleticism, loyalty, dedication, what more could we ask for. Let the problems begin!!!!!!! Which one do we use??????? What a terrible situation to be in, kinda reminds you of the problems poor old SC and Oklahoma have to suffer through.