Fervor for annual NU-OU game has died down

I'll add this. Been down here half my life. Will get all scores and highlights from Texas teams and that's pretty much it. Horns, Ags, Dallas Cowboys, TX Rangers, Dal Mavericks, Stars Hockey, some Houston Rockets, Spurs, TCU, Tech, OU, tons of HS football recap, some OSU, and some Baylor... and that's a Saturday night.

Y'all get Husker coverage at 5 & 10? We'll be lucky if they even post the scores from the Big 12 North. Sucks yes big time. Meanwhile y'all are receiving interviews and highlights and different angle highlights. Texas, Oklahoma and the division is completely separated.

Fortunately people know who Nebraska is. But unless they're playing the Huskers, you would not know NU played a game.

Just sayin'... be grateful if you have 1/8th the coverage... to even nitpick.

I spent three years in Ft. Hood TX, definitely know what you're saying. However, seriously, what else are do they have to talk about up here? There's Husker athletics and....ummmm....that's about it

Hey fellas, I am a Sooner fan and have been since I began attending the school for my Master's Degree in 2005. I also grew up in PAC 10 country so I didn't get to really take notice of or experience the OU-NU rivalry as I was growing up. I have been slowly catching up over the last few years on all of the history and great games in this rivalry and I am left in awe at what this great rivalry used to be. It's sad that the formation of the Big 12 simmered it down greatly. Bob Stoops even told the media this week how he sat down his players and had them watch videos of of past match-ups to gain an appreciation for the rivalry since many of the players are too young to know much about it. I enjoy reading all of the articles during weeks when OU and NU play each other so I get an idea of what used to be and the respect that these two programs have for each other. I'm not sure if the rivalry has always been respectful between the two fan bases, but I can tell you there is at least a lot of respect towards Nebraska from OU at this point in time. And it seems that this gets more evident with every passing year since the formation of the Big 12. If you surf the Sooner message boards you'll see several threads like this too, especially at this time of year when the two are about to play. Lost of posters come up with many different ways to get this annual matchup restored. Not sure that any of them will actually take place, but fans sure like to hope and dream and it's also fun to read. This rivalty is definitely different from OU's other rivals too. OU's rivalry with Oklahoma State seems to be more of a big brother/little brother situation, and OU's rivalry with Texas seems to be pure about a common hate towards each other. However, I think the rivalry with Nebraksa is so missed because it's built more on a common respect between two of the most storied programs in college football history. These are just my perceptions from what I've noticed over the last trhee and a half years. Most OU fans would also like for Nebraska to again reach its previous level of success in order to revive the prominence of the match-up. You know the media is waiting to jump all over another great match-up of OU and Nebraska. It would be great to see such a great tradition restored. And even better when it is at the end of the season for the conference title and a shot at the national championship.

Hey fellas, I am a Sooner fan and have been since I began attending the school for my Master's Degree in 2005. I also grew up in PAC 10 country so I didn't get to really take notice of or experience the OU-NU rivalry as I was growing up. I have been slowly catching up over the last few years on all of the history and great games in this rivalry and I am left in awe at what this great rivalry used to be. It's sad that the formation of the Big 12 simmered it down greatly. Bob Stoops even told the media this week how he sat down his players and had them watch videos of of past match-ups to gain an appreciation for the rivalry since many of the players are too young to know much about it. I enjoy reading all of the articles during weeks when OU and NU play each other so I get an idea of what used to be and the respect that these two programs have for each other. I'm not sure if the rivalry has always been respectful between the two fan bases, but I can tell you there is at least a lot of respect towards Nebraska from OU at this point in time. And it seems that this gets more evident with every passing year since the formation of the Big 12. If you surf the Sooner message boards you'll see several threads like this too, especially at this time of year when the two are about to play. Lost of posters come up with many different ways to get this annual matchup restored. Not sure that any of them will actually take place, but fans sure like to hope and dream and it's also fun to read. This rivalty is definitely different from OU's other rivals too. OU's rivalry with Oklahoma State seems to be more of a big brother/little brother situation, and OU's rivalry with Texas seems to be pure about a common hate towards each other. However, I think the rivalry with Nebraksa is so missed because it's built more on a common respect between two of the most storied programs in college football history. These are just my perceptions from what I've noticed over the last trhee and a half years. Most OU fans would also like for Nebraska to again reach its previous level of success in order to revive the prominence of the match-up. You know the media is waiting to jump all over another great match-up of OU and Nebraska. It would be great to see such a great tradition restored. And even better when it is at the end of the season for the conference title and a shot at the national championship.

Sure thing buddy...after reading this, I doubt that.

SoonerFans.com OU vs NU Rivalry Thread

I'll add this. Been down here half my life. Will get all scores and highlights from Texas teams and that's pretty much it. Horns, Ags, Dallas Cowboys, TX Rangers, Dal Mavericks, Stars Hockey, some Houston Rockets, Spurs, TCU, Tech, OU, tons of HS football recap, some OSU, and some Baylor... and that's a Saturday night.

Y'all get Husker coverage at 5 & 10? We'll be lucky if they even post the scores from the Big 12 North. Sucks yes big time. Meanwhile y'all are receiving interviews and highlights and different angle highlights. Texas, Oklahoma and the division is completely separated.

Fortunately people know who Nebraska is. But unless they're playing the Huskers, you would not know NU played a game.

Just sayin'... be grateful if you have 1/8th the coverage... to even nitpick.

Know the feeling Mode!!! One of the big things that brought me here to this board!