Yeah, you'll notice some noise from that spotlight as my patrol car does it as well. My suggestion is to not buy the patrol car one as it has most likely been beat to death! I would take the red one for obvious reasons, plus it's a fire car and they take better care of those than the police do.

Yeah..I was thinking both those reasons as well..

Make a "Big Red Power Wagon" out of it.

Hopefully Fire Marshals don't smoke too much..

Oh and no holes means there wasnt antennas or roof lights mounted on the car.

Dooh!

Shoulda known it wasn't something exciting like bullet holes.

My first car was an AMC Matador from the state auction.

Good dependable car that got 20MPG in the late 70's..

Ugly..But ugly cars build character in 16 year old drivers.

Or so I was told :dumdum

Yeah, you'll notice some noise from that spotlight as my patrol car does it as well. My suggestion is to not buy the patrol car one as it has most likely been beat to death! I would take the red one for obvious reasons, plus it's a fire car and they take better care of those than the police do.

BRI, would you recommend that he does what you do about the holes? Just plug 'em with all the donut crumbs scattered all over the front seat?

Actually, I filled the holes in the squad car with the bull$hit that the attorney's spew on a daily basis. <_<

i was lookin to buy one the other day, i figured if it were a patrol car it would've at least been well cared for when it wasn't on patrol, right?

i mean how would they be beaten up

1) quick acceleration to catch speeders

2) high miles

3) hhhmmmmm...... i'm drawin a blank

i was lookin to buy one the other day, i figured if it were a patrol car it would've at least been well cared for when it wasn't on patrol, right?

2) high miles

Don't forget PIT maneuvers and running into bad guys that are on foot.

If we are voting....I say bid on the Fire Department Crown Victoria.

It was probably an admin staff car and didn't get pounded on a daily basis.

All the patrol cars you have to ask the question were they assigned to one guy, or was a fleet vehicle that was run on a daily basis 24/7?

2) high miles

Depending on the department's size and activity lets you know how the patrol vehicle would be cared for. Try this for an average day for the Des Moines Police Department. Driving anywhere from 100 miles per day and half of those are putting the pedal to the floor and destroying the brakes while running lights and sirens to different calls. These particuliar officers also drive these cars over and through medians, bump cars of suspects trying to run from them. When they get into an accident the city fixes the minimum amount needed to make the cars serviceable again. Trust me patrol vehicles from big departments aren't the ones you want to buy. Now smaller departments, like mine, actually assign cars to two officers at a time unlike larger departments that have just anyone driving a unit at a time. It ends up being like a rental car, way to many driving habits that are different and the car is abused. Another officer and I take very good care of our current patrol vehicle and wash it on a daily basis. We don't abuse it by driving it like it's stolen because we hate it when it needs to go in to get worked on. Hell, we've even went as far as waxing our patrol car three seperate times this year alone! Now granted it's the liquid spray on wax which isn't as good, but we truly believe that a sharp looking patrol car reflects directly on the officer. Most officers in our department take very good care of their patrol vehicles because we take pride in these vehicles.

2) high miles

Depending on the department's size and activity lets you know how the patrol vehicle would be cared for. Try this for an average day for the Des Moines Police Department. Driving anywhere from 100 miles per day and half of those are putting the pedal to the floor and destroying the brakes while running lights and sirens to different calls. These particuliar officers also drive these cars over and through medians, bump cars of suspects trying to run from them. When they get into an accident the city fixes the minimum amount needed to make the cars serviceable again. Trust me patrol vehicles from big departments aren't the ones you want to buy. Now smaller departments, like mine, actually assign cars to two officers at a time unlike larger departments that have just anyone driving a unit at a time. It ends up being like a rental car, way to many driving habits that are different and the car is abused. Another officer and I take very good care of our current patrol vehicle and wash it on a daily basis. We don't abuse it by driving it like it's stolen because we hate it when it needs to go in to get worked on. Hell, we've even went as far as waxing our patrol car three seperate times this year alone! Now granted it's the liquid spray on wax which isn't as good, but we truly believe that a sharp looking patrol car reflects directly on the officer. Most officers in our department take very good care of their patrol vehicles because we take pride in these vehicles.

the car i was lookin at was from a smaller dep, and wasn't shared. it just has 140000 sum odd miles, that turns me off a bit. i even got to ride in the back seat once..... it was surprisingly comfortable :lol:

washing your car everyday? by hand?.... you've gota have prunes for finger tips(there probably shiny from all the wax too)

We wash our cars with a garden hose and a brush so it's not like I'm using one of those wash mits or I probably wouldn't do it.

together in bikini bottoms. i can see you dancin around with cop glasses and mustashes with suds lol to much

Yuck it up smartelick..................good luck finding the car on your own now.

We wash our cars with a garden hose and a brush so it's not like I'm using one of those wash mits or I probably wouldn't do it.

together in bikini bottoms. i can see you dancin around with cop glasses and mustashes with suds lol to much

Yuck it up smartelick..................good luck finding the car on your own now.

Still...

Ya gotta admit..He does paint a purty picture.

Reno911SMALL.jpg

Still...

Ya gotta admit..He does paint a purty picture.

Reno911SMALL.jpg

Awww cummon BRI you got to admit that was funny. Funny Reno 911 was the show i was think in of.

Its down to the red one, blue one, and a white one. I dont like white but man the 2 ive seen have good miles and are loaded. I mean power seats, cruise, keyless entry. Nice