you unlock them as you play them. Either the challenges or the tour will work for the unlock. Once you open it up in one, then the song is open for the quick play. Check out the downloads, tons and tons of good stuff there. If you look at them through the ingame store, you can sample them and get a rating for each part. Though I will say some of those rankings are a bit off.

you need to play through the whole career to unlock every song. or you can unlock them with a cheat. If you have the original rock band you can export those songs into rock band 2

You dont have to beat them to open them up for quick play, or making setlists, just have to have the song opened as a single song option on the tour. I have not beat Visions, Master Exploder or Painkiller, but have them on my lists. I suppose I could drop down difficulty, but I'm to the point I only really want to play on expert.

you unlock them as you play them. Either the challenges or the tour will work for the unlock. Once you open it up in one, then the song is open for the quick play. Check out the downloads, tons and tons of good stuff there. If you look at them through the ingame store, you can sample them and get a rating for each part. Though I will say some of those rankings are a bit off.

How do I play them if I can't see them? There's not a choice for them.

I have xbox 360. It's the $200 one. I put the cheat code in from this page >http://www.cheatcc.com/xbox360/rockband2cheatscodes.html

I did this successfully but I go back to the playlist and it's the same 20 songs.

Folks, I am very amatuer with this stuff.

you need to play through the whole career to unlock every song. or you can unlock them with a cheat. If you have the original rock band you can export those songs into rock band 2

You dont have to beat them to open them up for quick play, or making setlists, just have to have the song opened as a single song option on the tour. I have not beat Visions, Master Exploder or Painkiller, but have them on my lists. I suppose I could drop down difficulty, but I'm to the point I only really want to play on expert.

I' don't even see them to open them up.

Ok, step #1. Set up an xbox live account, should only take a couple min. It will keep prompting you so the online components like leaderboards and online store will work.

Step #2 Select local tour and make a character.

Step #3 Start playing, picking either challenges or start tour, there will be messages after you beat sets that tell you you have opened new gigs/venues/cities.

Ok, step #1. Set up an xbox live account, should only take a couple min. It will keep prompting you so the online components like leaderboards and online store will work.

Step #3 Start playing, picking either challenges or start tour, there will be messages after you beat sets that tell you you have opened new gigs/venues/cities.

I appreciate the help , but I think you are already too far ahead of me.

"Set up an xbox live account" - Does this mean the xbox has to be hooked up to the internet? If so, mine is not.

Do I need a memory card of sorts?

With my brand new xbox, do I need to set up a profile? Can I do this without a memory card? I bought the $200 xbox 360. It has the least amount of memory, the lady at the store said i would not need any additional items to play all the songs.

I am just brutally new to all of this.

I appreciate the help , but I think you are already too far ahead of me.

"Set up an xbox live account" - Does this mean the xbox has to be hooked up to the internet? If so, mine is not.

Do I need a memory card of sorts?

With my brand new xbox, do I need to set up a profile? Can I do this without a memory card? I bought the $200 xbox 360. It has the least amount of memory, the lady at the store said i would not need any additional items to play all the songs.

I am just brutally new to all of this.

Yeah, setting up an account requires the internet. Any xbox will set up an xbox live account. If you are not connected, you should be able to click 'ok' and bypass the games request, it will just warn you that your scores will not update to the leaderboards.

As to the memory cards, I really have no idea, I'm a PS3 guy, and just have a hard drive. Everything on the disk you will be fine on, but as far as the free 20 song pack, or any of the other downloads I have no idea if that version will handle it.

Okay, I've started this - we got to a new song, for example "livin on a prayer" we played it and beat the level or what ever it's called. but the song still does not show up in the solo playlist. Anyone have an idea?