How bout dem Husker wideouts??

It's really going to come down to throwing the ball and catching it. There were plenty of times last year that the play was there but the players heads weren't

I don't get too many chances to compare my Huskers with my Broncos but I definately can here. The Broncos ran a pure WCO when we won our Back to Back. We had running backs up the damn wazoo and 3 of the best possession recievers to play in the last decade (Smith, McCaffrey, Sharpe). After our championships we've lost McCaffrey, Sharpe, and our consistency at RB and we've been slipping. The WCO won't rely on speed, it will succeed if we complete our passes and have a consistent, if not dominating, running game.

skersfan Posted on Apr 4 2005, 12:26 PM

Last year was the first rusher for over 1000 yards since 1998 I think, I think we are running the ball fine. We have the talent at IB. Recievers were a problem last year in that they were mostly brought on to block. Did not have the get to the ball and catch it no matter what mentality. Those things can be coached but I think the new ones coming in in the fall have that mentality. I think we will see some more new faces in the mix by mid season.

I believe our last 1000 yard rusher was either 01 or 02 season of when Diedrick rushed for over a 1000 and led the big 12 rb's in rushing yards...

As for Brooks' speed, he has admitted to not working out that hard in the past, but appears to have a desire to do so in the future. He appears to need development, and there is no reason not to believe in a year or two in our conditioning program that he will be stronger and faster.

Last year was the first rusher for over 1000 yards since 1998 I think, I think we are running the ball fine. We have the talent at IB. Recievers were a problem last year in that they were mostly brought on to block. Did not have the get to the ball and catch it no matter what mentality. Those things can be coached but I think the new ones coming in in the fall have that mentality. I think we will see some more new faces in the mix by mid season.

I believe our last 1000 yard rusher was either 01 or 02 season of when Diedrick rushed for over a 1000 and led the big 12 rb's in rushing yards...

Nope Ross had a 1,000 last season didn't he???

Nope Ross had a 1,000 last season didn't he???

Yes.