Metro Station Concert Backstage Interview

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>

So I know most of you are probably HUGE Metro Station fans :P But for those of you that don't know, they sing the song "Shake It", and the lead singer is the older brother of Miley Cyrus.

Anyway, I got a backstage interview at their concert and really enjoyed the experience. Here's the video I put together. As always, comments/questions/feedback are welcomed!

- Bryan

Well, I got a free copy of the album after the interview, and I thought it was pretty good. I found 3 or 4 songs I liked.

But again, that's just me. To each his own, but I think it's important to be respectful of other people's music as well

You overpaid... :rollin

j/k.

Yeah..Sorry if I offended you.

I guess I DID come off as a little snobbish.

I usually try to ignore Genera and concentrate on the quality of individual songs..

But everything I've actually listened to...Pop is to Music, as Pro Rasslin' is to Sport.

Usually pretty kids that never picked up an instrument in their life ...dancing around (some) while holding a fake instrument to a pre-recorded and rehashed (sampled) beat.

Milli Vanilli would be worshipped today as true innovators.

There's still great music being produced today in several genera...and great strides in recording and producing music making it more available (cheaper) to many people to be inventive..

Just a little difficult for the average person to find.

Well, I got a free copy of the album after the interview, and I thought it was pretty good. I found 3 or 4 songs I liked.

But again, that's just me. To each his own, but I think it's important to be respectful of other people's music as well

I'm lost. You are a 'huge fan' who didnt own the CD, and only found '3 or 4 songs' you liked off the CD? Thats what I would call a fan.

Hell I consider myself a huge music fan/buff and I have never heard of the band or song.

I thought the interview was well done. Good job. I hadn't heard of them but I'm not really into the newer bands these days anyways so it's not that surprising.

Yeah..Good job..12 year old girls are scary..

Now that I've all but thoroughly bashed this kid on the state of Popular Music (sorry).

I think we should all fess up and write down the embarrassing pop music we all jammed to as kids.

Um..

Mozart?

(OK..I'm not THAT old..But from what I've read, he was bashed for being too unstructured or something).

Leo Sayer?

Player?

Pablo Cruise?

Neil Sedakka? (Last comeback).

Elton John?

Abba?... for a lost weekend.

Journey?

Styx?

Genesis?

I thought the interview was well done. Good job. I hadn't heard of them but I'm not really into the newer bands these days anyways so it's not that surprising.

Now that I've all but thoroughly bashed this kid on the state of Popular Music (sorry).

I think we should all fess up and write down the embarrassing pop music we all jammed to as kids.

Um..

Mozart?

(OK..I'm not THAT old..But from what I've read, he was bashed for being too unstructured or something).

Leo Sayer?

Player?

Pablo Cruise?

Elton John?

Journey?

Styx?

Genesis?

Dude remember Air Supply??

Elton John

Abba

Journey

Styx

Genesis

Air Supply

Whats wrong with any of these. I will say one thing about music is that you thought the last generations music was lost this ones is even worse. I cant quite see where this current generation is going to be giving lifetime achievement awards one day.

Two thoughts.

One - There is quite a bit wrong with those.

Two - There is such a difference between what real music is around these days, and what kinds of drival that makes things like the American Music Awards. Just avoid the Top 40 and you can find some really good stuff.

I'm lost. You are a 'huge fan' who didnt own the CD, and only found '3 or 4 songs' you liked off the CD? Thats what I would call a fan.

Hell I consider myself a huge music fan/buff and I have never heard of the band or song.

I never said I was a huge fan. In fact, I didn't even say I was a fan until after the interview ;)

Um..

Mozart?

Leo Sayer?

Player?

Pablo Cruise?

Elton John?

Journey?

Styx?

Genesis?

Dude remember Air Supply??

Yikes!

The Religious girl I was trying to score with liked them..And the Little River Band...And Chuck Mangione.

But she put me in the "Let's be Friends" section right off the bat, so I didn't have to buy the albums..but yeah..they got way too much airplay.

So where did all this "manufactured" music? get started, what with weak voiced dancers having their voices amplified and smothed out..and a group of writers writing songs for them..and studio musicians to play the instruments for them?

The "Prefab Four"? (Monkees)