Repaying the Favor

Sunday November 23th, the day my dreams started to come true. Being only 19 the one goal I had this year was to repay my dad for all the husker games he had taken me to when I was young. I was working on the 23th and a friend I work with was in eating, being the gentlemen I am I went and said hi. We started talk and I asked if she was going to the game. She responded quickly with a yes. I asked if she knew anyone with an extra ticket. She said to call Alex (a former employee). Right away texted her asking if she had the ticket. She responded back with "it might already be sold." I was a little upset but I still had faith. Then the new scheduled and I was a little more upset I had to work on the most important day of all, the NU vs. CU game, but I knew I could get my shifted picked up.

Monday came around and I woke up with a new text message. It was from Alex and she was wondering if I still wanted that ticket. I said yes for sure and we talked about a price and when I could pay her. She said she would be over Wednesday to drop off the ticket. I had called my dad at work and asked what he was doing Friday the 28th. He said he probably would be sleeping in and I said "well you're going to the CU game with me." I could tell right away he was happy and said he would pay me back for the ticket and I replied "don't worry about it."

That night I had to work but I knew it was going to be alright because I was going to get my shift covered. The second I walked in the door my manger told me that since I was a huge husker fan I could come in after the game and work, if I didn’t get my shift picked up, and I said thanks. But I asked a couple people if they could pick up my shift and I said I would pay them twenty dollars to work for me. One girl said she would do it and I paid her for it that night and worked the rest for the night happier than ever.

Tuesday was my day off and I did nothing but relax and think about how awesome Friday was going to be.

Wednesday was here and it was my last day of work before the biggest game of the year. I walked in as happy as a fat kid in a candy store, but then my heart dropped. The person said she could work for me said she couldn't anymore because she didn’t have anyone to watch her kids. I almost cried. But I kept strong and asked one person to switch me shifts and I would pay her twenty dollars and she agreed. Once again I was happy again even though I had a chance of working on Friday. Work end and I headed to my hometown of Crete, Nebraska and to be with my family on thanksgiving. My dad had called me on my way home and said he had put thirty dollars in my back account even though I told him I had it covered.

Thanksgivings was here with one day away to the biggest Friday of my life. Hanging with the family all day was great and all the food I could eat was great too. The day was finished and I was too excited to go to sleep like a five year-old going to Disney world.

Friday came and also the greatest day had also finally came. The day started with dad bring home a new 50" plasma TV. I helped him set it up and then headed off to the game. We had to drive separate because I had a possibility had to work. I got their first and went and got our seat in the student section in east stadium. I had met up with the people I usually sit with and told them to save my dad a seat. He came and sat with me but was about two rows behind me because I went and painted up with some friends.

Mid-way though the second quarter the security guard found out I didn’t have a wrist band on (you have to one to sit in east stadium) and kicked me out. I had walk out gate 22 and walked outside to find a wristband and couldn't get one but went right back in gate 21 and sat right next to my dad.

This had brought a smile to my face and sat next to him the whole game. We talked about football and the huskers and some friends had come over and he had heard about a party that I was going to after the game.

The game had come down to 31-30 with Alex Henery to kick a 57 yard field goal. We were both nervous and just believed in Alex. The kick went up and was good. We both cheered with all of husker nation and couldn't have been happier.

The game had finally ended and we said our good-byes. He said thanks for taking him and I said it was no problem. He said he had a great time and told me to have fun that night and to be safe. And we both parted ways.

I will never forget the day because it was a day I finally got to repay my dad.

Very good story. It was just like the game...a lot of up and downs. You should publish that and make a picture book so kids know what being a husker fan is about. :koolaid2::lol:

really because i got some pictures already drawn up

Haha thats perfect. Make sure to put the picture of SUH's TD from the other thread in there.

Very good story. It was just like the game...a lot of up and downs. You should publish that and make a picture book so kids know what being a husker fan is about. :koolaid2::lol:

really because i got some pictures already drawn up

Haha thats perfect. Make sure to put the picture of SUH's TD from the other thread in there.

yeah mr. "get of my shoes" suh