What's happened with Adi Kunalic?

What's happened with Adi Kunalic? Last year he was kicking most of his kickoffs into the end zone with no returns. This year, as the season has gone one, it seems like he's not even kicking it to the end zone. I can't swear to it but I thought he kicked off most of the time in the Colorado game. Most of the time the ball came down between the 5 and 10 yard line. Is he injured or is his leg strenght going down? With Henery kicking a 57 yard field goal, I don't see Kunalic ever getting any field goal attempts in the future. I would think that Henery can kick as far as Kunalic on the kick offs these days. Any thoughts?

What's happened with Adi Kunalic? Last year he was kicking most of his kickoffs into the end zone with no returns. This year, as the season has gone one, it seems like he's not even kicking it to the end zone. I can't swear to it but I thought he kicked off most of the time in the Colorado game. Most of the time the ball came down between the 5 and 10 yard line. Is he injured or is his leg strenght going down? With Henery kicking a 57 yard field goal, I don't see Kunalic ever getting any field goal attempts in the future. I would think that Henery can kick as far as Kunalic on the kick offs these days. Any thoughts?

he was putting more air under the kick to let the coverage team get better containment, cu had a good return man.

he was putting more air under the kick to let the coverage team get better containment, cu had a good return man.

This doesn't make any sense...if he kicks it out of the endzone everytime it's a touch back and who cares who's (not) returning it....?

Part of it may be his leg getting worn out like last year. He had hoped to have been better conditioned this season. A couple of those later games were very windy so that was a factor as well.

The dude kicks off a handful of times a game. How does he get worn out? And if anybody says because of practice, they should have to ride around in a "short bus" with the coach who would tell him to kick enough during practice to wear him out in the first place. I realize he is competing for field goal kicker as well, but the coaches should still be smart enough to limit his kicks if there is a possibility of tiring his leg. Seems Henery can stay on top of his game and still kick a 57-yarder near the end of the 11th game of the year.

who said kicking it past the endzone is what we want on every kickoff anyway?

If we can place the ball between the 5-10 or even Goal line and 5yd line...and get our team down to tackle the guy before he reaches the 20, aren't we better off? I don't think kickers or coaches try and get the ball back for a touch back every time.

not to mention, if you think a 57 yard field goal is hard to make....how hard do you think it is to kickoff from OUR 30 yard line all the way to the end zone?

then you factor in foot placement on every kick, wind, etc.

give the guy a break...he's doing fine.

I play soccer myself and I'd love to have the leg that kid does.

They have specifically been working on Adis' hangtime ever since the new coaching staff got here. Right or wrong. It's one thing I kinda disagree with, I say if you have a kicker who can boot it out the endzone don't mess with his kick, but it is true that they have been working on his hangtime, they want good coverage.

It goes both ways really.

Not enough hangtime, if you don't get it out the endzone it's a big advantage to the return team, they can really get a wall set up on you.

Too much hangtime, you run the risk of poor coverage due to inability to keep contain........ which would be a mental mistake.

The coaches have a certain amount of hangtime they want adi to have, my guess is, he is doing what he's been asked to do.

I know we as fans love to see that ball kicked out the back of the endzone, but that isn't necessarily the way a coach see it....