MAC Champ Game!?!?!

skerfan1705

I'm watching this game and.....

The endzones still have "Lions" painted in them and there are still "Buy Lions Tickets" signs in the stadium....

Nothing too specific about the game other than some small logos on the field!?!?!

I know the MAC isn't that big of a conference......but don't they deserve a little more in terms of presentation?

Anyways....go Buffalo! Go Coach Gill!

What an emotional interview Turner had after the game...he couldn't hardly say anything he was about to burst into tears. After the interview the Buffalo AD came to him and gave him a hug and they both lost it...crying in each others arms. What a huge win for that program.

so i guess turner won a national championship at nebraska. ESPN has said it twice now so it must be true... <_< . 6 time national champions!!!!!!!!!!

Yes as a coach.

the announcer said "gill was a heisman front runner and a national championship winner" obviously refering to his playing career... unless they give heismans to quarterbacks coaches

Turner Gill was the leader of the "scoring explosion", the 1982 Husker team that lost its perfect season and the national championship on a failed 2 point conversion in the Orange Bowl. Mike Rozier won the Heisman that year but Turner was in the running. Coach Gill has three NC rings as amember of TO's staff in '94, '95 and '97. He should be known and remembered as one of Nebraskas's top three quarterbacks and unfortunately the only one who didn't get his ring on the field of play.

T_O_B

so i guess turner won a national championship at nebraska. ESPN has said it twice now so it must be true... <_< . 6 time national champions!!!!!!!!!!

Yes as a coach.

the announcer said "gill was a heisman front runner and a national championship winner" obviously refering to his playing career... unless they give heismans to quarterbacks coaches

He was in the running for the Heisman, the same year that Rozier won it. They were referring to his total time at Nebraska as a player and a coach.

Anyways congrats to Gill, his staff, and players for a good game, and hopefully the first of many championships in his coaching career.

I don't know who's been picked over yet, but these teams are in the running for the International Bowl in Toronto on Jan. 3, 2009 against Buffalo.

Big East Eligible (6 wins or more):

* South Florida

* Connecticut

* Pittsburgh

* Cincinnati

* West Virginia

In the Hunt:

* Louisville

Turner Gill was the leader of the "scoring explosion", the 1982 Husker team that lost its perfect season and the national championship on a failed 2 point conversion in the Orange Bowl. Mike Rozier won the Heisman that year but Turner was in the running. Coach Gill has three NC rings as amember of TO's staff in '94, '95 and '97. He should be known and remembered as one of Nebraskas's top three quarterbacks and unfortunately the only one who didn't get his ring on the field of play.

T_O_B

Come on, man. That was '83 - I know you're old enough to remember that...