Turner Gill's emotional post-game interview

I almost laughed, stating that winning the MAC in front of 300 people ranks as the most memorable moment in his football career????

Lets see,

1. Playing for Coach Osborne

2. Heisman Trophy Finalist

3. Played with a Heisman Trophy winner

4. Played and coached in what 6 or 7 national championship games

5. Coached, Tommie Frazier, Scott Frost and Eric Crouch

6. Coached two Heisman Trophy candidates, with Crouch winning it.

And also saying that his RB is as good as ANY IB at NU while he was around is a insult IMO.

Congrats to Turner, I love him but come on get real man, its the MAC. Hell even NU beat Ball State last year.

As a head coach he is completely invested emotionally in that team. Having coached myself, I know that you start to look at these kids much like you look at your own kids. When you teach kids and coach them and guide them into success there is no greater feeling. That's why it's better for him. My favorite moment in sports too didn't involve my playing days but my coaching days. There's no better feeling than leading kids (of any age) to success. I hope someday you come to feel the same way. It's tremendously rewarding. Plus, it's a tremendous achievement... like he said, considering where the program was when he took over. It's right on par with Bill Snyder's turn around at K-State. At least K-State was in a major conference.

When Turner was here, the results he experienced were expected. The teams he played for and coached for were great and high expectations, for the most part, were met. At Buffalo, he started coaching a team that was made from scrap meat in the dumpster. What he has done in the past 3 years is HUGE!!!! It is Buffalo coming from crap to winning their conference championship in three years. This is comparable to Bill Snyder and K State and maybe more of an accomplishment. SO OF COURSE he's going to be emotional. He isn't a me, myself and I person. As he said in the interview, he is so proud for the team, for what they accomplished and for the team to have come so far from nothing. Nebraska was always good and was expected to win with the talent they had, Buffalo was not and Turner is rightfully proud and emotional in the teams' victory.

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats to Turner, I love him but come on get real man, its the MAC. Hell even NU beat Ball State last year.

Last year's NU team barely beat last year's Ball State team. This year's Ball State team is far better than last year's Ball State team. Buffalo beat this year's Ball State team. This year's Buffalo team would have beaten last years NU team.

That is always flawed logic.

Who has ever used logic on this board?

ya i thought this was a no logic zone..lol