Shawn Watson interviews for New Mexico job

Cant say I would be that disappointed if he left.

Is he like "trying" to get out of here or what? I would like to see him stay put for at least another year to keep some stability. We already are losing our starting QB. Also, I am not sure who you would replace him with?

Get someone like Gus Malzahn, he was the OC at Arkansas and had the offense with Darren McFadden and company.

Basically invented the wildcat offense.

also his offense at Tulsa this year is really good.

They would A) Have to be available and B) Want to come and be an assistant at Nebraska.

To be honest with you, with Bo being so defense oriented, anyone that would come look at the position of OC at Nebraska could look at it two ways...either you would have more control of the offense at Nebraska because Bo is more defense minded, or you would have to subject yourself to Bo's wishes knowing that he isn't an offensive minded person. Let's face it, even Bo himself admits that he tries some pretty bone headed things with the offense that tend to backfire. I have to kind of wonder if Watson isn't looking to leave because he doesn't like some of Bo's decision making on offense.

Also the question of recruiting would come up. Is Bo going to go after more defensive players with the scholarships, or will he split them between the offense and defense evenly, and let the OC go after the players that he wanted to try and bring to Nebraska? BC ignored the defense because he wanted to bring in offensive players.

Who do you guys want if Shawn Watson does in fact leave? Do you think Turner is a choice?

No way. He has much bigger fish to fry.

The stud qb recruit C Green basically committed to Watson..

New Mexico and Bowling green are both interested.

I hope this is a ploy to get more $$ because I for one do NOT want to see Watson go.

Who do you guys want if Shawn Watson does in fact leave? Do you think Turner is a choice?

<_< I don't think Turner is looking for an assistant job after being a HC and winning the MAC Championship this year. If he does anything, he will take a HC position at a bigger school.

I would hate to see Watson leave. Lets face it....our offense was our best defense this year. I would think TO knowing Bo's expertise for defense would be willing to up the anty$$$ for Watson to stay. Everything you have heard from Watson is how much he thinks of TO. Hope we can figure out how to keep him. Outside of the Mizzou game, I think Watson has been great as our OC and with his play calling.

Cant say I would be that disappointed if he left.

I would be. I love the way he made ajustments with the offense after a slow start, and ending up 9th in the country in total offense. Very balanced and fun to watch as well. And we have three brand new QB's competing for the job having learned Watsons offense, and we should be able to plug them into the system quickly.

I dont want Watson to leave, but I will say that hed better figure out how to best use our players a little earlier in the year next year. By the time we got to the va tech game, we shouldve had more of an identity on offense. The last half of the year for the most part was awesome of offense.

IF Watson accepts another job, the immediate question is when does he leave: Before or after the bowl game?

If he bolts before, I'd take that to be a fairly strong sign he really wanted out.

Personally, I think Watson sticks around until Jan. 2 if he does accept a HC job.

<_< I think he would probably follow Bo's lead and stay for the Bowl game, with the permission of the new school of course. I think that is the classiest thing to do, and he would owe that much to the players.