Bo and Dabo

JTrain

Anyone else thought about this?

Both have childhood nicknames that have essentially replaced their given first names. Their last names rhyme. Both played college ball at the universities of their respective home states. Both started as graduate assistants and quickly worked their way to assistants before becoming head coaches. They're both extremely young for FBS head coaches (Dabo is 39, Bo is 40). Both endured being fired with their bosses (Solich and Mike DuBose). Both have a blue-collar reputation and were relative anonymities on a national level, but gathered a cult-like following in their respective fan bases.

Win or lose Jan. 1, I think Bo is the best rookie head coach in the league. The turn around he has done so far with Nebraska is phenomenal. It's hard for non-NU fans to truly understand given they don't follow it as closely as I do, but anybody that was associated with NU last year can see the huge triumph that is Bo Pelini.

Win or lose Jan. 1, I think Bo is the best rookie head coach in the league. The turn around he has done so far with Nebraska is phenomenal. It's hard for non-NU fans to truly understand given they don't follow it as closely as I do, but anybody that was associated with NU last year can see the huge triumph that is Bo Pelini.

how many first year coaches are in "the league"?