Merry Christmas from a Clemson Fan

Hello,

I'm a Clemson fan who has been visiting your site for the past week or so, but am just now making my first post. I just wanted to say that since my time here I have developed a great respect and admiration for the Nebraska fanbase. Y'all (yes we southerners use this word lol) have a very passionate fanbase with a great knowledge of college football and the way it is meant to be played. You are also very respectful to your competition (at least to your non-rivals) and embody good sportmanship. The way I see it, both teams are very similar. Both teams have been at the top before but have not been there for a while. Both teams seem to not be well-liked by the media, for whatever reason, and have to work hard to get any praise they can. Both teams are in the rebuilding stage of their program but both have very well-liked, young, and up and coming coaches who their fanbases hope will lead them back to the glory days.

I unfortunately do not have much vacation time and will not be able to make it to the Gator Bowl. I regret that I will not be able to meet any of your great fans in person. Regardless of the outcome, I will be following Nebraska football from this point forward and cheering them on as my 2nd favorite college team.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, and good luck (but not too much :) in the bowl game)!

- BigHunCU2007

sorry didn't mean to double post. I hit "post new topic" the first time and the screen went blank so I didn't think it worked. I hit back and clicked it again and the page came up and I noticed that it posted the topic twice.

Not a problem - happens to all of us.

Anyway, welcome to the Board! Be sure and stick around even after the Gator Bowl - we love having outside perspectives, and I think a lot of us are going to be interested in following Clemson next year.

Welcome, and great first post! I myself have found new respect for the Clemson fanbase. A local sports radio show here interviewed Dabo this week and I was impressed. He reminds me of Bo Pelini a lot. I think Clemson made a great hire when they chose him. I too will be following Clemson more closely.

Welcome, and great first post! I myself have found new respect for the Clemson fanbase. A local sports radio show here interviewed Dabo this week and I was impressed. He reminds me of Bo Pelini a lot. I think Clemson made a great hire when they chose him. I too will be following Clemson more closely.

:yeah

Awesome post! I dont really think a lot of us Husker fans really knew too much about Clemson but I'm very pleased to say that y'all seem like an east coast version of us. Been shown nothing but respect by Tiger fans A little friendly banter but nothing but respect. Its nice to see. Happy Holidays to you & yours. ps, the first day of the new year probly wont be very fun for you but I hope nothing but the best for y'all after that. GBR :nanalama

Thanks for that. I live in Clemson country.........sorta, actually Charlotte but there seems to be a lot of Tiger fans here. They are all nice people.

Me and some GF's are going to the Gator Bowl. We love Jacksonville, especially in the winter. We'll be at the pep rally in the Landing along with 5000 other Husker crazies.

TTFN...................