I have been willing to go along with Steve Pedersen and his subpar football staff so far, but I can't take this anymore.

Today, Pedersen named German Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger as the 265th Pope of the Roman Catholic Church. Predictably, when I called his office, they denied having anything to do with the naming of the Supreme Pontiff, proving once again what a complete and total liar Pedersen is.

So, thanks to Pud, we now have our first Nazi Pope. Yeah...look it up, it's all true. Furthermore, what has Ratzinger ever done at any of his other appointments that makes Pud believe that Ratzinger can lead the Roman Catholic Church back to glory? For those of you who are smart enough to receive the truth, you will probably remember that many at Ratzinger's last job hated him. There was much dissension, especially among the more liberal and progressive Catholics, between Ratzinger and his subordinates. I can guarantee, GUARANTEE, you that we will see the same now that he is in charge of the Big Catholic Machine. He has been the head of the Congregation of the Doctrine of the Faith since 1981, has produced no conference or national championships, and millions, literally millions of Catholics have transferred since that time.

Once again, we are being lied to by the front office in South Stadium. You should have heard how confused the lady who answered the phone acted when I called to complain. Pedersen's got them all on the same page. Plus, how predictable that he would choose another Catholic. First Irish Catholic O'Callahan as NU's coach, now Ratzinger. Plus, I see where Ratzinger picked one of the most common names in Papal history, Benedict. The 17th. 17th?? Come on, is this the type of innovation we can expect to see for the next five years?? Mark my words, I will not attend another mass until this current staff is out. I am sick of Pud thinking that he can play God, and that we will just all blindly follow him like sheep. Come on, people, get your head out of the sand and see what's going on. I am a fan of God, and always will be, but I can guarantee you that I am done buying any of his gear (that goes for Jesus is my Homeboy shirts, too), tithing, or spending any more of my money on a subpar product.

I feel sorry for all of you who can't see the divine truth that I am sharing.

FormerWorshipper

As usual, I agree with everything you say. Except that he is Benedict the 16th. Did you hear that a new record was set for attendance at the naming of the new Pope? Pathetic. I think all new Papal records should have a HUGE asterisk, or crucifix, or whatever next to them until Pedersen is out.

Ben-nerd

From 'the Times'

Papal hopeful is a former Hitler Youth

Unknown to many members of the church, however, Ratzinger’s past includes brief membership of the Hitler Youth movement and wartime service with a German army anti- aircraft unit.

Although there is no suggestion that he was involved in any atrocities, his service may be contrasted by opponents with the attitude of John Paul II, who took part in anti-Nazi theatre performances in his native Poland and in 1986 became the first pope to visit Rome’s synagogue.

The son of a rural Bavarian police officer, Ratzinger was six when Hitler came to power in 1933. His father, also called Joseph, was an anti-Nazi whose attempts to rein in Hitler’s Brown Shirts forced the family to move home several times.

In 1937 Ratzinger’s father retired and the family moved to Traunstein, a staunchly Catholic town in Bavaria close to the Führer’s mountain retreat in Berchtesgaden. He joined the Hitler Youth aged 14, shortly after membership was made compulsory in 1941.

He quickly won a dispensation on account of his training at a seminary. “Ratzinger was only briefly a member of the Hitler Youth and not an enthusiastic one,” concluded John Allen, his biographer.

Two years later Ratzinger was enrolled in an anti-aircraft unit that protected a BMW factory making aircraft engines. The workforce included slaves from Dachau concentration camp.

Ratzinger has insisted he never took part in combat or fired a shot — adding that his gun was not even loaded — because of a badly infected finger. He was sent to Hungary, where he set up tank traps and saw Jews being herded to death camps. He deserted in April 1944 and spent a few weeks in a prisoner of war camp.

Full Story Here

I have been willing to go along with Steve Pedersen and his subpar football staff so far, but I can't take this anymore.

Today, Pedersen named German Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger as the 265th Pope of the Roman Catholic Church. Predictably, when I called his office, they denied having anything to do with the naming of the Supreme Pontiff, proving once again what a complete and total liar Pedersen is.

So, thanks to Pud, we now have our first Nazi Pope. Yeah...look it up, it's all true. Furthermore, what has Ratzinger ever done at any of his other appointments that makes Pud believe that Ratzinger can lead the Roman Catholic Church back to glory? For those of you who are smart enough to receive the truth, you will probably remember that many at Ratzinger's last job hated him. There was much dissension, especially among the more liberal and progressive Catholics, between Ratzinger and his subordinates. I can guarantee, GUARANTEE, you that we will see the same now that he is in charge of the Big Catholic Machine. He has been the head of the Congregation of the Doctrine of the Faith since 1981, has produced no conference or national championships, and millions, literally millions of Catholics have transferred since that time.

Once again, we are being lied to by the front office in South Stadium. You should have heard how confused the lady who answered the phone acted when I called to complain. Pedersen's got them all on the same page. Plus, how predictable that he would choose another Catholic. First Irish Catholic O'Callahan as NU's coach, now Ratzinger. Plus, I see where Ratzinger picked one of the most common names in Papal history, Benedict. The 17th. 17th?? Come on, is this the type of innovation we can expect to see for the next five years?? Mark my words, I will not attend another mass until this current staff is out. I am sick of Pud thinking that he can play God, and that we will just all blindly follow him like sheep. Come on, people, get your head out of the sand and see what's going on. I am a fan of God, and always will be, but I can guarantee you that I am done buying any of his gear (that goes for Jesus is my Homeboy shirts, too), tithing, or spending any more of my money on a subpar product.

I feel sorry for all of you who can't see the divine truth that I am sharing.

FormerWorshipper

How the hell do you come up with this??!! He was part of the Hitler youth camp or whatever? Didn't he fight in WWII and the take off. :bounce:bounce