Is Clemson=Okie State?

rkhufu7

i know you're tired of watching our speed, but watch the first 30 seconds of this video of the ACC 100m championships in outdoor track

the guy who wins isnt on the football team, but 2nd and 4th place are (it lists the names in the video, but 1st place is clemson's travis padgett (and olympic alternate last summer) 2nd place is Clemson wr/return man jacoby ford, and forth place is cj spiller)

CJ Spiller stats:

G Rush Recv. Punt Ret. Kick Ret. Int. Ret. Plays Total Yards Yards/Play Yards/G

11 612 430 127 419 0 168 1588 9.5 144.4

He doesn't just run.

no, but the point is he isn't as great as he is touted... and the "yards per play" being 9.5 is including kick returns??? because uh, that skews it a TON

Seems to me he's getting too much credit. One thing Ive noticed about him from video is it can take him 3 or more steps to cover 5 yards. That suggests to me he isn't as fast as some make him out to be.

He does have some shiftiness though. Looks like he can usually make the first tackler miss and THAT could be a problem.

CJ Spiller stats:

G Rush Recv. Punt Ret. Kick Ret. Int. Ret. Plays Total Yards Yards/Play Yards/G

11 612 430 127 419 0 168 1588 9.5 144.4

He doesn't just run.

no, but the point is he isn't as great as he is touted... and the "yards per play" being 9.5 is including kick returns??? because uh, that skews it a TON

Seems to me he's getting too much credit. One thing Ive noticed about him from video is it can take him 3 or more steps to cover 5 yards. That suggests to me he isn't as fast as some make him out to be.

He does have some shiftiness though. Looks like he can usually make the first tackler miss and THAT could be a problem.

guess you'll find out tomorrow