Mendoza and next years RB roation

bhunt7

Why would the coaches take the ball away from Q yesterday? He was doing great...all year we have said stay will one running back...now one running back gets almost all the carries and does really well...and we want to give the ball to our 4th string running back?????

It's always great to have a running back step up and show that he can be the man in a game but... name one team in all of football, college or pro's who doesn't have some sort of rb roation.

Name ONE!

Why would the coaches take the ball away from Q yesterday? He was doing great...all year we have said stay will one running back...now one running back gets almost all the carries and does really well...and we want to give the ball to our 4th string running back?????

Lucky and Helu clearly weren't 100% yesterday, no reason Mendoza didn't get a couple of carries other than the coaches didn't feel comfortable with him on the field yesterday. Clemson's D was so agressive, that even though they were fast, I think in the 4th quarter a well timed screen or draw to Mendoza or Helu if he were dressed and healthy could have been a big play.

maybe. the speed that defense had dictated using a bigger rb

He didnt get reps because we needed a power runner.

Yep, there was no way our running bakcs were going to run wide on Clemson. They were way to fast. I loved the way Q ran yesterday, he looked alot like Lawrence Phillips to me.

Lawrence always looked a LOT fast and could cut a lot better. Q is good, but he's got a ways to go before he rivals LP.