Well....I am back in the saddle so to speak

Ya just gotta use a little medical terminology and physics. Explain how the eye allows light in when it is dark or sunny and that UV rays can still have a detrimental effect on your eyes especially on a cloudy day when the pupil is dilated to let in more light. :):thumbs

good to go now

GBR

Welcome back bro!!!! I'm actually thinking about going to a different department already as the department I'm at right now isn't run that effectively. They are very nice, but everything takes so damn long to get done around there it's stupid. They also aren't willing to raise their pay up more to remain competive with the Metro area departments. I've put my resume together and I'm even thinking about going back to my old department as things were run better there than I originally thought and they are changing things with the new Sheriff that is making the department so much better.

This dept is night and day compared to my old one. The morale at my old dept was pretty bad. Here it seems that everyone is happy. It might have something to do with the great pay and cheap health insurance. I pay 55 bucks a month for my entire family. Back in Texas I was paying 260 for medium coverage. That alone is a great benefit. Especially since I have 4 kids. Good luck to you and my advice is...if you are not happy then punch out and go somewhere else. Take it from some one who FINALLY realized that I stayed too long at my old station!

Well, I'll just have to see how this contract negotiation turns out with the City and our union. I've already contacted an outstanding agency here in the Metro area and am waiting to hear back from them. Good luck and stay safe. :thumbs

Give 'em hell, Blackshirtsguru.

As my grandfather the Federal judge said when recommending a particular bad-ass young man to be a cop in Lincoln, "it takes one to catch one!"

Thanks. As far as Federal Judges go. I think they are ranked just below God! :lol: It is truly amazing just how much power those people have. Those are the types of people you ALWAYS want to keep on your good side!