Well, not new, he's used :). We saw him on the local Humane Society's website and my wife really wanted to go meet him. Needless to say we took him home that night. So far he has been a pretty good dog. We learned via some torn up carpet that he doesn't like to be by himself in a bedroom. :(. Here are the pic's I took with a friends camera. That's what he get's for leaving it at my house after my bro's bachelor party :)

DCP_0312_web.JPG

DCP_0313_web.JPG

DCP_0314_web.JPG

DCP_0315_web.JPG

DCP_0317_web.JPG

DCP_0318_web.JPG

DCP_0319_web.JPG

DCP_0321_web.JPG

I know what you are talking about with the personality and being stubborn. Sometimes he wants to do what he wants to do and it seems he likes to think there is nothing you can do about it! He is really friendly though. I had read that sometimes cockers can be mean possibly due to bad breeding.

He usually follows my wife and I around the house all day. He also likes to play with his toys. I have never had a pet that actually plays with the toys we give him. Most of the toys came from my in-law's as they had cocker's for years.

I thought that yellow one he has in a couple pics would be tore up in a day for sure. But, he really doesn't bite on it that hard. Just hard enough to shake the hell out of it! :)

• 3 weeks later...

I just picked up a 10 month old beagle. She's great but if I leave her alone she will mess on the floor. A friend advised me to buy a crate for her. It was really good advice. She took it as her own as soon as I got it in the house. Any time I leave her alone I put her in it. She has never messed in it and alway holds it until I get home and put her in the back yard. The longest I left her in it was 9 hours. If you get a dog get a crate.