Great article on cally

Theres been pissin and moanin about this article at the GI board. Alot of good points, but I think a lot of it is just about the same thing most people do on message boards, and thats just agitate the enemy with your opinion. I do agree with some of the remarks about Cally not "grasping" the nu/ou rivalry. After all, we've been known for chuckin oranges a time or two. But for the most part, I think the dude is just adding fuel to the already growing fire amongst husker fans, contributing to the division. Don't know if it'll hold true here, but it sure has at the independant. :smokin

I figured this "article" would make it over here. It's more like a collection of sentences than a coherent article. Including words like "Puhleeeze".

This "writer" is a complete and utter turd. Always has been, always will be. EVERY coach, hell every person who has watched college football at all in the last 30 years knows about the OU NU rivalry. This elitist crap about not being able to comprehend something because you are not surrounded by it constantly is absolute BS and is getting quite long in the tooth. This isn't rocket science here folks. Anyone who has played sports knows what a fvcking rival is.

Should we maybe have a class on it? Possibly taught by FF or Benard. I'll quote someone from BigHuskerFan.com here as it fits perfectly :

Maybe you can sit down with BC and the rest of the staff and let him know what he is missing. Maybe it can be worked into the NU orientation program for new employees, after they meet with HR, then they send you in to give them a history lesson on NU football. They can serve the new people lunch. If you have time , you can put together a power point presentation on NU. You can call it, " NU football History, a day with Schestev". Man I bet that would boost moral.

Everyone in Oklahoma hated that we put up that field goal at the end. Our team was treated with utter disrespect and, lest you forget, one DA even tried to put one of our players in jail. I emphasize the word tried because 12 Oklahomans acquitted him.

Oh and about the comment. There is no way he should apologize. It was said in the heat of the moment and not directed at anyone inparticular. The guy makes it sound like Callahan sat down at a national press conference and started cussing everyone out. You can't tell me either coach in the history of the NU OU game has never uttered something like that to themselves. Especially Switzer. You gotta be f'in kidding me. If anything, they owe us an apology. F****** hillbillies.

I almost forgot about the Orange chucking. Yea, it doesn't really mean much any more since the Big 8 was dissolved. Both teams did it. Get a clue.

Keep in mind there is a reason this guy writes for the Tulsa World. Man, you are one step away from the New York Times, I'm tellin you.

EVERY coach, hell every person who has watched college football at all in the last 30 years knows about the OU NU rivalry. This elitist crap about not being able to comprehend something because you are not surrounded by it constantly is absolute BS and is getting quite long in the tooth. This isn't rocket science here folks. Anyone who has played sports knows what a fvcking rival is.

I would agree with you, but you are wrong. cally obviously has no clue about it, otherwise he never would have been so dumbfouned when the fans were chucking oranges on the field.

Any idiot knows what that means and the historical signifance, but not bill.

I read that article too.  Thought the guy was a turd.  Funny you would concur with him. :blink:

You normally say that about a dissenting opinion, obviously alot of people dont appreciate them :blink: Oh well.

I know I appreciate them when they are actually good and not just bitterness rolled into a tight coil on the lawn.

I read that article too.  Thought the guy was a turd.  Funny you would concur with him. :blink:

You normally say that about a dissenting opinion, obviously alot of people dont appreciate them :blink: Oh well.

I know I appreciate them when they are actually good and not just bitterness rolled into a tight coil on the lawn.

The truth is the truth no matter what package it is wrapped in :thumbs

Sometimes it hurts.

The truth is the truth no matter what package it is wrapped in :thumbs

Here we go with "the truth" again..

It's one thing to chuck oranges onto the field as is done when teams are likely headed to the Orange Bowl, it's another to toss the oranges in a violent manner at players as some Oklahoma 'fans' were doing.

Moreso it is that of an "f'n hillbilly" to shoot off guns at players, constantly harassing them on the field in what is considered by them as a 'spirit squad.'

What's the old saying about the shoe? Yeah, exactly...

It's one thing to chuck oranges onto the field as is done when teams are likely headed to the Orange Bowl, it's another to toss the oranges in a violent manner at players as some Oklahoma 'fans' were doing.

Moreso it is that of an "f'n hillbilly" to shoot off guns at players, constantly harassing them on the field in what is considered by them as a 'spirit squad.'

What's the old saying about the shoe? Yeah, exactly...

:rollin

Am I supposed to appreciate something I think is ridiculous? It's not that I even disagree with the points he makes, I think the article was retarded. Tell me what I am supposed to do. What would former fan do?

WWFFD

Am I supposed to appreciate something I think is ridiculous? It's not that I even disagree with the points he makes, I think the article was retarded. Tell me what I am supposed to do. What would former fan do?

WWFFD

I would simply see it for what it is and take notice of the valuable points he makes, which makes sense.

WWFFD

I would simply see it for what it is and take notice of the valuable points he makes, which makes sence.

That's rhetorical sarcasm. I think the guy is a bitter turd. You don't see any bright side in anything positive. I see some valid points from the other side, but I think this guy made no points of any value. Pretty much everything comes from a very narrow perspective. The guy makes Switzer out to be a saint, saying he never ever said a bad word about Nebraska, never cursed them, nothing. This is the media age, everything said ends up in the paper or on the internet. Do you honestly believe that Switzer never said ONE WORD about Nebraska EVER? Narrow minded points holding no value. Make sense now?