Bye bye, bye week

Yes, it is an excruciatingly slow time of year. So slow that I'm looking at the schedules of the near and distant future. The pre-CU "bye week" is absent from 2009 - 2012, and 2015. When was the last time the Huskers didn't have a week off before the last game?

Count me as glad - I don't know what it is, but they always seem to start flat after a week off. Though, if they are going to do that, my hope would be to move the game to Saturday so they get the full week to prepare (and of course so that I don't have to burn a vacation day to see them).

2009 - KState 11/21, then at CU 11/27 or 11/28

2010 - at A&m 11/20, then CU 11/26 or 11/27

2011 - A&M 11/19, then at CU 11/25 or 11/26

2012 - at KState 11/17, then CU 11/23 or 11/24

2013, 2014 - both years' schedules have the extra week off listed

2015 - back to having no week off (A&M 11/21, followed by at CU 11/27 or 11/28)

GC, I agree. It seems like even when CU is clearly a notch or two below the Huskers, NU always seems to have problems with them post Frazier. Last year NU was rolling, then came the wretched bye week, and they struggled with an inferior CU. Assuming NU continues to be a notch above, I'm interested to see if they can stop this close game trend and just hammer CU.