Mendoza

Mendoza is blazing fast and quick.. I like the idea of getting him 5-10 touches a game. Get him involved.

Sorry, Q had a few good runs, a good game here and there, but I still think he's a short yardage back and is limited to what he can do. A few carries too often and a fumble is inevitable. I'm not a fan of seeing him as the clear-cut #2 back that splits carries. I think the #2 back is completely open for competition.

I'm pretty sure Q had some real good runs against a Clemson defense that definitely wasn't slow.....just saying, and if my memory serves me correctly they weren't all 3 to 4 yard runs either. He's a eral solid back with potential and I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up having a better career than Helu. Just my opinion.

Any way that things turn out in the RB race though, we are sitting pretty good with the "problems" and choices the coaches have to make. :koolaid2:

Mendoza is blazing fast and quick.. I like the idea of getting him 5-10 touches a game. Get him involved.

Sorry, Q had a few good runs, a good game here and there, but I still think he's a short yardage back and is limited to what he can do. A few carries too often and a fumble is inevitable. I'm not a fan of seeing him as the clear-cut #2 back that splits carries. I think the #2 back is completely open for competition.

I'm pretty sure Q had some real good runs against a Clemson defense that definitely wasn't slow.....just saying, and if my memory serves me correctly they weren't all 3 to 4 yard runs either. He's a eral solid back with potential and I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up having a better career than Helu. Just my opinion.

Any way that things turn out in the RB race though, we are sitting pretty good with the "problems" and choices the coaches have to make. :koolaid2:

Q won't be plagued by fumbilitis forever so I'm kind of surprised how negative a lot of posters on here are about that guy. If Q had the ability to read holes and break the first tackle like Helu is able to do, I believe Q would be the clear cut back without question.

If the O gets closer and closer to a real "Spread Option" it would benefit everyone on the team to have Mendoza set up in the slot...you can do a hundred diff. plays to get the ball in his hands and take advantage of the speed he brings to the table. Anyone remember Bobby Newcombe? (after his qb days were over) or even...use the jedi motion double wing ....or shot gun...the possibilities are endless...Speed is EVERYTHING and we NEED IT BAD !!!!

If the O gets closer and closer to a real "Spread Option" it would benefit everyone on the team to have Mendoza set up in the slot...you can do a hundred diff. plays to get the ball in his hands and take advantage of the speed he brings to the table. Anyone remember Bobby Newcombe? (after his qb days were over) or even...use the jedi motion double wing ....or shot gun...the possibilities are endless...Speed is EVERYTHING and we NEED IT BAD !!!!

I still think one formation we should utilize is a shotgun double back set with Helu and Castille next to the quarterback on either side, followed by Mendoza in the slot. Does anybody see how flipping deadly that formation would be? You could run reverses, half-back tosses followed by a throw down field to an open quarterback or a receiver who's defender bit on the run, or even simple running plays with the defense having to figure out which guy is going to get it. :koolaid2:

Clemson ran a double shot gun set like this against us in the Gator Bowl, but it didn't work well because they didn't execute. We could do a multitude of things of with this formation, including some movement behind the line of scrimmage, maybe keeping Q in the slot but then having him and Mendoza switch before the snap to throw the defense off.

Deadly :corndance